*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1759766-Chosen-CHapter-2-the-dream
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Fantasy · #1759766
in this chapter adriel meet's Ar, who tell's him what his destiny is

Chapter 2 The Dream



I was no more a baby in my dream. I was much older; maybe a teen or older, I wasn’t quite sure. I was walking in a dark corridor, which seemed to be going on endlessly. I kept walking until the floor beneath me disappeared and I felt myself rising in the darkness. I closed my eyes willing myself to stop dreaming, but didn’t succeed. When I opened my eyes again I was in a small room, which was poorly lit by a candle on a table standing in the middle of the room. Behind that table sat an old man. I had the strange feeling as if I had seen this guy before. He had bright golden irises buried in his deep sockets, his oval face filled with wrinkles, and a mushy white mustache. He looked at me, and gestured for me to sit down on the other chair opposite him. I hesitated for a moment, but inched closer into the candle light.

“Come on now, I won’t hurt you, take a seat.” The old man said in a polite tone, and smiled at me.

I inched closer and sat in the chair opposite this strange old man. Who is this strange old man I’m dreaming of? And why is he so familiar? I thought. I felt as if I should know this guy. It’s as if his name is right at the tip of my tongue waiting to be said, but refusing to come out, refusing to be remembered.

“Hello Adriel, nice to meet you, you can call me Ar.” The old man said smiling.

“Uhm…Ar?” I asked confused, but not because of his strange name, but because he called me Adriel, and as soon as he said it, it felt just right. Like I’ve been called that for ages and now I am accustomed to it. I wondered if that was what my mother would name me.

“Yes, Ar is short for…... well never mind that.” Ar shook his head dismissively.

“What’s important is that you’ve been born healthy, strong and wise, just as planned, and now I shall fulfill my duty by filling you in on what is expected of you my boy.” Ar said smiling to me.

“Just as planned? Expected of me? Who expects what from me?” I asked now most definitely confused.

“The ‘who expects’ part I cannot tell you, but as for the ‘what’ I can explain as best as I can, so first…” Ar said, holding one finger up.

“….you will listen to me without interrupting, and you may speak when I allow you to speak, for example when I ask you a question, and then…” he point up another finger

“….when I’m finished, you may ask any questions you have, understood?”

“Yes.”

Ar’s eyes widened and then narrowed again. He smile faded from his face, and in a more serious tone he said:

“Yes what?”

Shocked by his sudden change of mood, I was silent and still confused, and to be honest a little scared. Here I was, sitting in a strange square room, with a table in the middle, me on one side, an strange but very familiar old man sitting opposite me, and he happens to know my name. And on top of that, I’m a baby who has just been born, and I’m already dreaming of an older version of myself, on the verge of being told what is expected of me. But the worst part of it is, is that this doesn’t feel like a dream at all.

In a low and even voice I replied:

“Yes sir.”

“Good, I thought you lost your manners now that you’re human, but let’s get started…now before I continue I must ask you, do you believe in God, in angels, in the devil, in demons?” He asked me, and every time he mentioned the one to the other the tone of his voice went higher and higher, and he inched his face closer to candle light.

As he finished his question he slammed both his hands on the table, not too hard, and not too soft either, he intensified his gaze on me waiting for my reaction rather than my answer. I had the feeling his eyes could see right through me if I lied.

“Yes sir, I do!” I replied firmly, even surprised by my reaction, and the certainty of my answer.

I know I may have just been born, and that this is my first ever dream, and also that this is the first time I’m hearing the terms of angels and demons, and not to forget God, but I’m positive and pretty certain that I know what this man is talking about even though I’d never seen a demon or angel before. And the concept of god was not new to me. I believed that there is a being out there with powers far beyond what any human can imagine, a divine force, a holy spirit, the almighty creator.

“And I suppose you know about the ongoing war between good and evil?” Ar asked.

“Yes sir, I do.”

“Good, because I must warn you in advance that the fallen prince has assigned one of his dominions to infiltrate your life and weaken your abilities severely, maybe even kill you, to that, my advice to you is, do not act too harshly upon your suspicion, but be patient and think before you act!” Ar said looking at me like he was already sorry for me, but kept his voice even and serious.

“And now my dear boy, listen well, because I will only say this once, and because you have only a mere human’s subconscious, you may not remember all of this dream, but this you must not forget till the day you die!” Ar said, folding his hands on the table, looking at me with those intense golden eyes.



< Please, do tell what you think of this story so far. i'm not finished yet with the entire second chapter, but i thought of uploading it anyway, as i am mostly too busy, and do not know when i will have a chance to finish it >
© Copyright 2011 R. Anthony (beany87 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1759766-Chosen-CHapter-2-the-dream