*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1760779-Mortal-Kombat-Demo-Release-Date
Rated: 13+ · Article · Other · #1760779
Published: http://www.mcmbuzz.com/2011/03/07/mortal-kombat-demo-release-date-announced-2/
Mortal Kombat PS3 Demo Announced For 8th March 2011



For those gamers out there who just can’t wait for the new Mortal Kombat instalment coming to Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 later this year, you’ll be happy to know that entertainment kingpins Warner Bros, Interactive Entertainment and NetherRealm Studios announced earlier this week the release date for the demo of this long awaited follow-up. This action packed demo will be available exclusively for Playstation®Plus on March 8th 2011, with the rest of mankind having to endure another week until the demo’s global release on March 15th. Dates for the Xbox Live release have yet to be revealed.



This latest chapter of the legendary Mortal Kombat fighting game promises to combine the classic 2D fighting style of the earlier platforms with next generation graphics to entice both diehards and those new to the series when the full game is released in April this year. This game promises the return of many old faces and the demo offers a slice of the action with the likes of Mileena, Scorpion, Sub-Zero and Johnny Cage featuring in arcade mode. The demo also offers two of the games most established areas in The Living Forest and The Pit, with an option to fight in single or multiplayer mode.



With an impressive roster of characters, including an appearance from infamous God of War hard man Kratos in the PS3 version and rumours of platform specific special guests floating around the internet*, fans of the series can look forward to pummelling familiar faces in this rated 18 game. Mortal Kombat has gone back to its brutal basics with more blood, guts and vomit flying around the place than ever before. Never a game to shy away from controversy, X-Ray mode gives an up close and personal view of cracking skulls and snapped limbs as you defeat your opponent in the most brutal fashion possible . With custom combos and fatalities so gruesome it makes you question the sanity of developers over at NetherRealm, the game also promises an in depth story mode for those looking beyond the carnage. Coupled with all the traditional elements you’d expect from a 2D fighter, players can also experience tag team mode, classic arcade battle both online and offline and the gargantuan 300 level Challenge Tower Mode.



The full game is scheduled for release in April, but this jaw cracking demo will more than whet your appetite until then. Available to Playstation®Plus 7th March 2011 and for global download a week later on the 15th.
© Copyright 2011 S.Silvern (s.silvern at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1760779-Mortal-Kombat-Demo-Release-Date