*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1761846-The-Snow-Falls-From-The-Sky
by Ashes
Rated: 13+ · Other · Personal · #1761846
Creative writing. A little bit of everything.
The Snow That Falls From the Sky

You run away from broken promises and your picture flickers between falsehoods you've found and the lies that you have hidden underground. You have traveled through every town with a door and breathed in the air at every beach’s shore and still, it is unreasonable to excuse the fact that you're unable to see with those blind eyes. They're still blinking alone inside your ignorance. Do you adore the chilling cold? And now all that remains living to this day are the tears from your sad eyes that you carelessly left wide open. And I feel that you have even forgotten you and me.

I was distant. I failed to believe my shyness remained hidden. Couldn't God see I was residing in restless solitude? Were my feelings worthless? Will they always continue to receive the same payment that servant's receive for their servitude? Outside I was withdrawn, but I know that He saw that inside I was barely hanging onto the sharpest edge that traced lines with my childhood which I have long since abandoned. I know He witnessed that I lived and breathed bitterness. That I had nursed my sorrowful contempt in an environment that didn't have a vent to release it's poison filled content.

Oh dear, I am feeling lost: almost never somewhere.

And these new fears reveal my path and it's clearly worn. I'm completely torn apart by these fears telling me that I was merely leading myself deeper into nowhere and there are times that I have believed them. If only my forgotten years weren't always burning elsewhere, I would be able to frailly blame everything on my fallen, lifeless and forgotten tears.

Reflections from inside a mirror randomly appear.

Damn this blinding glare that blurs their image. I believe they tend to enjoy teasing me with my earliest memory. This memory was of a reflection that has me staring at a little village and I have no clue to what the purpose of the scene was. I know a confusing mystery lies deep within that child's history.

Suddenly, something made me ask this question: All those stars that have brought us such joy and wonder, how come you wished to silence everything but the evening thunder?

The answers started burning before breaching the night sky and these flames flashed around those scarlet letters. This was the sparkle that became bright enough to fall victim to the sun. And even if the moon had come undone, the sun would have awoken before you could outrun your slumber. Eradicating all hope that lies under compromise, your uncovering of the beginning of Time's gentle flow was later than I had expected.

Hopefully you'll be OK, believe me, I never wished that you would fail.
Fate is slowly subsiding below the tide of your soul and if your destiny is helplessly trapped in the wake, can you simply swim away from drowning in this forsaken lake?

No!

Darkness and shadows please leave me safe in my current place of freedom. You can have me in one more moment and I will be grateful for the time I was given to complete this sad piece.

Become whoever you wish to become. I'm happy to see you interested in grabbing hold of your destiny. Faded reflections give me an image of hope before I become bound to a cross. It was of a cape blowing triumphantly in the wind as your figure climbs deeper into the forest and shortly there after you are engulfed by the clouds of change.

Your signature has been signed below.
You may now begin again,
My friend.

A blizzard consumes and blankets my vision. The message that was sent to you from me is no longer recognized or understood by the one who wrote it. Distant misery has since given me a new found space to hide from reality.

The End
© Copyright 2011 Ashes (ashes1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1761846-The-Snow-Falls-From-The-Sky