*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1762145-Inheritance-of-Death-Part-2
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Detective · #1762145
Issac blacks out and wakes up in a suprising place
Issac snapped his head up. He had fallen asleep. His face was stiff from where the sweat had dried and his head was pounding like a hammer hitting an anvil. He hadn't even heard the officer open his door. He spun his stiff lanky legs out the door and climbed out of the patrol car.

The memory of the dream suddenly came flooding back, and Issac found himself very close to tears. He hadn't thought about that day in probably five years.

The officer gazed at him seriously. "Come on boy. You're on my clock now."

"Yes sir. I'm sorry," Issac said while trying to work the stiffness out of his aching body.

After entering the police station, Issac was placed in a small room with only two chairs and a table in the middle of the room. The multitude of fluorescent lights in the ceiling make it so bright that it was hard to keep from squinting, which was intensifying his headache greatly. He knew that this room was for interrogation, but he had no clue why he was here.

Between the adrenaline and confusion, Issac felt as if he might have a heart attack any moment. He routinely reach down to check the time on his cell phone, when he remembered the officer had searched him and taken his property before leaving him. He was beginning to think that they had forgotten about him, when the door opened.

To Issac's surprise a woman walked through the door.

"My name is Sabrina Gayle. I'm here to ask you a couple of questions. You have the right to request an attorney, but I suggest that we don't delay too long because time is vital," the woman said as she moved slowly across the room.

"Wait a minute. I don't even know what's going on here. I get left in a room for an eternity and you say time is vital."

Issac's head was now spinning like a top and he was having trouble breathing. He began standing up from the chair when the world went black.

"Mommy? Mommy! Where's mommy?" Tears were beginning to streak Issac's cheeks. The room was too dark to see the room. For some reason he couldn't move his arms or legs.

"Please, where's my mommy," the little boy screamed. He was now hysterical and beginning to hyperventilate.

"Mr. Lester. Mr. Lester, can you hear me."

Issac's mind rushed to consciousness. He tried to open his eyes, but was having trouble getting his eyelids to perform the necessary function to accomplish the task. He figured that he must have fainted from heat exhaustion.







© Copyright 2011 daniel robertson (drrobertson at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1762145-Inheritance-of-Death-Part-2