*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1762843-The-Headless-Horsemen-Journal-Entry
by Wiz
Rated: ASR · Other · Action/Adventure · #1762843
The climax of Legend of Sleepy Hollow from the point of view of the Headless Horsemen.
The Headless Horseman was having a bad week. He had searched and searched, but had not been able to find a suitable soul to spirit away. He was becoming quite irritated. He began to think that maybe he was building up too much of a reputation around here, perhaps he would relocate. Suddenly he heard the rumble of hooves in the distance. His supernatural soul sense was tingling, he could tell this soul would be just fine. He took a position in the woods and waited when the horse and rider came into view.

    The man on the horse seemed like the intellectual type, perhaps a schoolteacher. He was quite lanky, probably not the most coordinated person. He seemed like he was having a bad night. “Look at that,” the Headless Horseman thought,” I shall make it much worse.” Then he came out of the woods, approximately 10 yards behind the man. They went on for a few minutes then the Horseman felt he was about to turn around, so he ducked into the woods. The man looked back, and looked as if he saw a ghost…

    After a few more minutes the Horseman became bored. He decided to appear, go for the head on approach. He appeared before the man, and the poor boy jumped out of his skin and took off. The Horseman followed suit at full speed. The Horseman had underestimated the man’s horse, as it was very fast. As fast as his own horse. They raced through the woods at breakneck speeds. The man slipped off of his saddle and was barely hanging on. The raced under a bridge into a valley, and the Horseman grew weary of this chase. He took off his head, and simply threw it at the man. It wasn’t pretty, but nobody was watching. The man was knocked off his horse and crashed into the ground.

    The man was knocked out and the horseman approached him. The Horseman used his spectral powers, ripping his soul out of his body, and spiriting it away to where the souls of earth go. “All in a days work.”, the Horseman thought, and he disappeared.



© Copyright 2011 Wiz (wizkid1696 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1762843-The-Headless-Horsemen-Journal-Entry