*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1763176-I-Hate-My
by Bunni
Rated: E · Short Story · Drama · #1763176
Children, They're such a.. "joy"...
*Paw* If you want your children to improve, let them overhear the nice things you say about them to others -Haim Ginott *PawPrints*, this has almost nothing to do with the story but I had to use it, thanks, Bunni ..

--------------------------------------------------


The air form the air conditioner slapped my face, blowing my hair wildly. I looked like a psycho, I felt like a psycho... And what I wanted to do supported that fact. It was 12:00 a.m., my parents and eldest sister were asleep, while we were on a mission. "Gosh! I can't believe we're doing this, Jason", I whispered.

"Well, believe it, August", my elder brother whispered back. Yeah, that’s my name, August. My sister's name is April because she is born in April, and April is a nice, meaningful name… Like I said, I'm August or six-year-old disaster. It's not like I was born in August, Oh no, but my mum was. She named me that so no one in our family forgets her birthday, seriously that’s the reason! Thanks mum…

We scurried to the living room, then to the kitchen, "I'll hoist you up", said Jason. I shook my head ferociously, "No".
"So you want to hoist me up?" he asked, frowning and raising his voice a notch. We both knew I couldn't, Since Jason was ten years old, and I was six.

"I am scared, J", I whimpered, ready to cry.

"Shut up you lousy little weakling!" his voice rose to a polite scream.

I tried to ignore the bad word, "Shhh", I said, and then reluctantly added, "Ow-kaay". He hoisted me up to the cupboard and I opened it, reached out to the jar but couldn't reach, "closer", I said.

He walked two steps forward, "OUCH!" I yelled, as my head bumped into the cupboard's door. "Watch it!" then added, "Please", remembering my manners. Barney said to always say "Please" and "Thank You".
"Just get the jar, Au", he said through gritted teeth, he was getting anxious. I reached out and took the jar, but hit my head pretty hard instead, and got a serious headache. I felt wobbly, "Jason, wa---". CRASH!! The jar fell and broke into a zillion pieces, and the cookies were scattered all over the kitchen floor.

"Now look what you did!" yelled Jason.

"It wasn't me!" I replied hurriedly, with the first thing that came to mind.

"What's going on in here?" came the voice of our shrieking dad, as mum switched the kitchen lights on. BUSTED!
Jason dropped me on the floor and I fell hard, "We were just---", he started, but mum took one look at the smashed jar and crushed cookies, whilst dad looked over at the clock hanging above the fridge, and they both cut him off, "GO TO YOUR ROOMS!" they yelled in unison.

"I HATE MY NAME!"I yelled back, saying, again, the first thing that came to mind. With that I grabbed as much cookies from the floor, and ran to my room.
© Copyright 2011 Bunni (bunzblabz at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1763176-I-Hate-My