*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1765116-Junk-emails-and-cell-phones
Rated: 18+ · Other · Opinion · #1765116
Call me old fashioned; My opinion on the world of technology in brief.
I am so sick and tired of spam emails reading statements such as 'I'm horny are you looking for fun?', 'check out my naked pics' etc. Honestly, if I was looking for fun I am sure I am capable of finding it. There is no need to clutter my junk mail folder with garbage.

Yes, it is easy enough to just delete them and move on, however today I fel enraged by it all.

I mean, it's almost as bad as Ashley madison asking people to look outside their marriage for fun. Are you fucking serious? It is obsurd to advertise such a thing. Surely, if our great ancestors could see the way the world functions these days, they would be in utter disbelief.

Cell phones, I personally don't own a cell phone. However, I definitely think that when a situation calls for it, having a cell phone is very beneficial and the safe zone for an emergency.

My problem with cell phones, disconnect. Just the other day, I saw two friends walking down the road, not talking and laughing with each other they were both texting and I thought to myself, why even hang out? You might as well text each other, heck, then you don't even have to leave the house! I have a hard time with this because I really feel like there is a true disconnect. Case and point, I had dinner with a girlfriend this weekend, I had been excited for the dinner for over a month. The dinner (by that I mean food) was wonderful, the fact that I was talking to my girlfriend with her head down on her cell phone 90% of the time only to blurt out something ridiculous and still have no response drove me crazy. I said the most ubsurd things however to no avail had no response othe than the odd 'sorry what did you say?'

Perhaps, I am just old fashioned and should 'get with the times' so to speak, but I just find it ridiculous when I am with someone and they sit on their cell phone, it's extremely rude. It would be like calling someone, having them say hello and then sitting on mute for twentry minutes until they are finished. Well, I am done with the mute button.

Thanks for letting me vent!


© Copyright 2011 SamanthaWachtler (sjw_22 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1765116-Junk-emails-and-cell-phones