*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1765471-Purple-Plus
by HGuay
Rated: ASR · Other · Drama · #1765471
Short story about a teenage girl who holds a life-changing secret.
  "Did you clean you room, Abigail?" Abigail's mother yelled up to her room from the kitchen. Abigail laid on her bed, blankly staring at the ceiling.
 
  "Nope... and I'm not gonna'." She turned on her favorite band; Slice and Bleed.
 
  "You better do it, missy! I mean it! Don't forget your homework either!"
 
  Abigail groaned in frustration and kicked her stereo. She grabbed the remote to the stereo and turned up the volume. She took in a deep breath and finally gained the strength to sit up. She put her feet on the ground and felt the vibration of the music. Abigail brushed her lime green hair out of her face and wiped the black stream of mascara off her cheeks. She stood up and slowly shuffled to the mirror in her closet and froze, looking at herself with disgust.

  "You're such a screw up! Why?! Why me?!" She punched the wall where the black and red posters hung.

  "How? How do I tell her? How do I tell David? Daddy will never love me again." She walked back to the closet and lifted up her tank top, looking at every inch and area of her stomach. Right beside her closet was her dresser that displayed a picture of her and her boyfriend, David. She smiled at the memory of being at that concert with him. The smile soon faded when she touched her stomach again with the tips of her fingers.

  The white stick with the purple cross laid right beside the picture with the wrapper still underneath it. She burst into tears as she picked it up.

© Copyright 2011 HGuay (hguay at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1765471-Purple-Plus