*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1765704-The-Dance
Rated: E · Other · Experience · #1765704
The view of a girls school dance gone wrong.
    I bit my lip to keep from crying. I could tast my cherry lip gloss. I remebered my mother aww-ing and ohh-ing  as I left the house with my brother.
    "Have a lovley time, kids." she called after us as we walked out the back door. I was certainly not having a "lovley" time I thought hautily to myself. I looked at the girls on the dance floor they were graceful, there dresses fit them just perfectly and they knew exaclty when to throw back there heads and do a dainty laugh when a guy grabed them and pulled them close in the rythm. Just seeing this made me want to cry and laugh at the same time. I held my head a bit higher as one of the boys from my English class approched. My heart began to race. I hoped my curls were still perfectly in place. He got close and I began to grin. I was about to call out his name when I realized he was going towards a pretty-red head behind me .My face burned with embarassment and I tugged at my dress as I  fought back tears and watched this young man lead the red-head out to the dance floor, she was laughing as the slow song came on. I looked over at my bored brother leaning against a wall. Thankfully he motioned toward the door. I didnt hesitate to follow.
© Copyright 2011 swimchick22 (alhwriting95 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1765704-The-Dance