*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1765706-She-ran-All-she-could-do-is-run
Rated: · Assignment · Dark · #1765706
The story of redemption
  Sitting alone in my small bedroom, tears dripped from my eyes. I am useless. My life is over. I knew it was the end of the road for me.

  I cried out to God in pain, "Why, God?! Why do you put me through this?" Silence filled the room.

  "Answer me, God!" I screamed to the top of my lungs.

    I had ran from the pain. I had always ran. All I could do is run from my emotions. I wanted redemption. I wanted happiness.

  "Can you hear me?!" I yelled.

  That is it. The pain was too much to bare. I picked up the knife by my bedside and slowly moved it towards my fast beating heart.

  "Stop! Why do you not trust me?" a distant, heavenly voice cried.

  "If that is You, Lord, then I do! I'm just upset!" I cried back.

  "Redemption is here, my child! You deserve happiness and you will find it through Me alone." said the voice in a compassionate tone.

  The voice of the Lord has been heard, and I found the strength to put down the knife and search for true happiness with the help from my Savior.
© Copyright 2011 Soccergirl33 (soccerhottie18 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1765706-She-ran-All-she-could-do-is-run