*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1765940-My-story
Rated: 13+ · Other · Friendship · #1765940
(Inspired by the song ‘The winner takes it all’ by ABBA)
I was so surprised. It was the very Benz car which belonged to Patric. ‘What is he doing here?’ I asked myself. The little girl to whom I was talking to looked around. She jumped with surprise and happiness when she saw the car. “It’s daddy miss Jane! He’s early today” “Is that your daddy?” “Yes Miss Jane it’s him” She smiled with joy.

I was held back. What more can happen to me after all? I felt like I was forgotten all alone in the world. Patric came out from the car. The little girl ran towards him. His face was bright and happy. It hardly changed since I saw it during the high school days. He opened the back door and helped the small girl to climb. I saw Lily sitting in the front seat of the car smiling. Patric was about to get into the car when he saw me starring at him. I couldn’t bare his look so I turned around and tried to walk away. But I heard him crying. His voice was so young and warm and I couldn’t help turning around at him. He was still as handsome as ever. He combed his hair backwards and wore sun-glasses. His great masculine chest was shown clearly highlighted from his tight waist.

“Hi Klera! nice to see you after a very long time! What are you doing here” he asked me with a smile

“It is so nice to see you too.” I answered.

“Well?”

“Oh I am a teacher here Patric. Actually I am your daughter’s class teacher.”

“Yeah, yeah I remember. She did mention that she had this wonderful new class teacher named Klera after her old teacher Mrs Thomas retired. But I didn’t expected that it was about you she was talking about”

I smiled.

“You are a kinder garden teacher, but, someone as educated as you...?!” He asked with a surprise.

“I like this job Patric. You know I always loved kids, though I have none...”

“It has been a long time Klera. Didn’t you settle down?”

“How can I…” I said no more. I had nothing else to say. Even my tongue didn’t seem to obey my feelings. Patric seemed to be speech less for a while.

“Patric, I am sorry if I made you upset. I didn’t mean to hurt you. I’ll just go.”

“No, wait, wait” He said. But even the great famous scientist seemed to be blank for a while.”


“Patric”

Lily had come out of the car, and was watching us talking. She knew less about me and knew nothing about the life Patric and I had long ago.

“Wait a minuet darling,” he shouted back. Then he turned at me again. “Look Klera I have to go now. We are almost late for Lily’s seminar. They are expecting her to come there by 2.30 . She has to deliver this speech about nuclear fusion. Physics, not our subject type is it?” he smiled.

I smiled again and nodded.

“Bio science, oh I miss the good old days” he smiled and paused for a while.

He lifted his hand. Realizing what he wishes, I also shook his hand.


“I wish you luck Klera. You are a nice girl”


“Thanks. I wish you the same!”


He smiled and walked away as I stood there watching him go.



* * *



My name is Klera Jane. Now I am thirty three years old. By now Patric is thirty five and Lily may be thirty one.

I first met Patric Edison when I was seventeen. We met by an accident at our high school. We both studied science in the University of Michigan. My parents moved from France to America when I was a teen. There for I was a new student in the university. Patric was one of the old students. He was one of the brightest students of his grade. When the other old students were bullying me Patric was the only boy who stood for my side. He made me his assistant in the laboratory periods to save me from the college rag. We studied together, did laboratory experiments together. Day by day our friendship got stronger and stronger.

I laid my entire trust and faith on that decent boy. He really was a gentleman. Patric was always a winner. I still call him a man of honour because he always reached to his dreams no matter how hard they were to achieve. I respected him. Eventfully we started to like each other. Talked very openly. We helped each other when we met with emotional crises. Then one day he expressed his love for me. He kissed me for the first time. That was the first time I ever kissed a man. I don’t know why he chose me out of thousands of girls from the high school. But still I am not afraid to say that I respected him and I still do love him.

We spent our time in the library reading numerous books on science. He was a good reader. And I always broke his concentration. He was always good at mathematics than me and sometimes he even teach me some.

I loved to see his eyes, his lips, the way he smiled, the way he walked and to feel the warmth of his breath. He kissed me and I kissed him too. I never thought that he would kiss another girl when his lips touched mine. Even he may have never thought of doing so.

I always was proud to be his girlfriend. I introduced him to my friends saying that he is my guy. Patric was a very charismatic person. He had many friends. He always associated high people, introduced me to lecturers and professors. He was really a bright guy.

After the graduation we spent few last days in a barn house which belonged to one of Patric’s uncles. It was a calm country side place. There was no one else but us. In the quiet evenings we sat and watched the sun setting across the horizon. We held each other so tight. I was wrapped in his strong arms and I kissed him. The nights were cold and lovely.

We went fishing trouts in the river. We swam in the lake. Sometimes we went on shooting in the misty plains. Patric was such a good shooter. I loaded his gun as he shot in the bull’s eye.

We always thought that we were not two but one, that we won’t be apart forever. I was vexed at his looks. Patric -my only world, Patric -my only wish.

Today Patric is a professor of medicine. He has become a world renowned person. Even I often go visit his great conferences. But I was only one person in a great audience where thousands of people sit listening to his lectures. He never even noticed me sitting by. I never went to meet him when a seminar was over. I always tried to hide myself from him. Soon he met a very beautiful young girl, physicist named Lily. They married and now they have a sweet little girl. They lead a very happy calm life.

Now I am a teacher in a pre-school and teach his daughter.

I don’t know whether Patric miss me or not. I don’t know if he remembers those beautiful moments that we once had, Things we said to each other that the world doesn’t know. For now Patric has a new life. For him I am history.

The world has forgotten our love. Even Patric has. But as for me, never in a thousand souls.

* * *
© Copyright 2011 Prashan Edirisinghe (prashanse at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1765940-My-story