*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1766457-Soldiers-and-Tears
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: ASR · Other · Other · #1766457
We wear our shirts that say God Bless Dead Soldiers, but they sacrifice everything for us.
"War Is Delightful to Those Who Have No Experience of It." - Desiderius Erasmus

Soldiers, by definition, "one engaged in military service and especially in the army." My definition is a man or woman enrolled in the military to serve their country and earn freedom. These men and women separate us from chaos, and give us the right to wave our flags and light fireworks on the 4th of July. These men and women watch the bodies of their comrades fall around their feet, and they keep firing. These men and women have more humanity than many of us imagine.

"If war is ever lawful, then peace is sometimes sinful." - C.S. Lewis

I do not try to justify the killing of others, but at this time it is an unwanted necessity. In Germany during World War II, the Jews were being persecuted. You all know this, right? Should we have just stepped back and let them be killed, then let Adolf Hitler take over Europe? No, sometimes war is needed.
© Copyright 2011 TheWolfie (neronightwolf at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1766457-Soldiers-and-Tears