*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1766493-A-Waiger-in-Time-Chapter-2
by J.L.R.
Rated: 18+ · Chapter · Drama · #1766493
Two friends make a deal with a witch and can't believe where it takes them.
CHAPTER 2



.

The two of them had made it as far as the corner book shelf when they heard the woman's voice behind them.          The two ladies turned around wondering what the shop keeper might want from them. "Wait just a moment, come back please, there is something I would like to share with you." For once the woman's smile seemed genuine and the two, curious walked back to the counter. "The book you speak of, The Gypsy and The Gentleman, horrible title really but oh well, it is not complete."

         "What do you mean?" Megan asked her.

         "There is more, the story doesn't really end with Jacob and Marissa's wedding." The woman definitely had their attention.

         "How do you know there's more. I mean is there some kind of leak on the internet we haven't heard of yet." Jennifer had to think about this. "I mean I didn't really think it was so popular."

         The woman shook her head. "No no you will not find any copy of it any where. The author knew that if she wrote about what happened after their wedding it would be to sad a story to make people want to read it, so she left it out of the book."

         "But how do you know about it?" Megan repeated the question. Her eyes full of sparkle. The woman looked at the two as if she might change her mind about telling them. She said something then that neither would have considered. "I know the author."

         "WHAT!" The ladies said at once. "You know her, Ceilya Grandsor, oh I would give anything to meet her and read the rest of her book." Megan said.

         "Don't!" Megan was startled at the authority this older woman held in her voice. "You shouldn't say such things" The woman looked around as if looking to see if anyone else was there. " Especially not here." She shook her head. "People these days throw such comments out without a thought, but one should always consider what they mean when they make such an offer."

         "She was only thinking out loud, she didn't really mean she'd give anything." Jennifer said. She couldn't say why she was suddenly concerned but she knew there was more to the old lady than they had first thought.

         The woman shook her head again, "Doesn't matter but lucky enough or not the deal cannot be made because the ending was never written on paper. But," The woman smiled, "Another deal could be made. What if I told you that you could meet the author and she could tell you the rest of her story? What would you give for that?"

         "Wow are you kidding, what do you want?" Megan aid her eyes big and hopeful. Jennifer was suspicious though. "Don't offer anything Megan," Jennifer said. "When could she meet and what would she ask for?" The woman smiled. "Yes always thinking," The woman replied, "Thats good. Hmm." She stood there tapping her finger to her chin. "A favor, a friend of mine needs help and I believe the two of you could do the job."

         "What kind of job? Wait a minute I never said anything about meeting her or making any kind of deal." Jennifer said. "Oh come on Jen, you know you would love to hear the story. Please don't make me go alone, plus what harm could happen?" Megan pleaded with her. "So what kind of help does you friend need?" Megan asked the woman.

         The woman smiled at them. "Come on back, please come and sit with me for awhile. I get tired just standing here. It's not much but my place is attached to the store." The lady said then disappeared behind the curtain of beads.



© Copyright 2011 J.L.R. (jen456170 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1766493-A-Waiger-in-Time-Chapter-2