*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1767118-Jake-and-Amy-Chapter-2
Rated: GC · Chapter · Other · #1767118
(Rough draft form) -- By popular request, I present chapter 2!
Chapter 2
         Jake would have dismissed it all as a dream when he woke the next morning, but she was still there.  He smiled as he watched her sleeping, her head on his chest.  This, he realized, was probably the first restful sleep she had had in a long time.  Gently he shook her awake.
         "Amy?" he cooed.  "Amy?  Wake up.  We've got to get downstairs and pack your things."
         She stirred.  "Are you really going to fight Max?"
         "Only if I have to."
         She got up, put her robe back on and turned to him.  "I don't want to go down there alone."
         "Oh, don't worry, I'll be right behind you.  Just let me get dressed real quick."
         Dressed and ready to go, Jake followed Amy's gorgeous figure down the stairs.  They walked past Max at the front desk, but he didn't even look up from his newspaper.  However, both Jake and Amy knew that Max knew who was walking by him.
         She opened the door to a room and led him inside.  The room was a wreck and something about that didn't surprise Jake.  He stood by the door, which was still open, and waited as she packed two small suitcases.  He took one and she the other.  They walked past Max again, but his eyes remained on his paper.
         Jake threw the luggage into the cab and helped his beauty in behind them.  As he walked around the truck, he suddenly spat curse words that Amy couldn't quite make out.
         "What?" asked a fearful Amy, hanging her head of of the rig's window.
         "My tires have been slashed!"
         "All of them?"
         "Yes," said a third voice before Jake could answer.  "Did you really think I was really going to let you just take her?"
         Jake turned to see the older man standing in the doorway of the hotel.  Behind him he heard the click of the truck's door as Amy climbed out.
         She walked up behind him.  "I'm sorry about your truck," she said, bags in hand.  "I'm just going to go home.  I don't want anything to happen.  But thank you," she looked into his eyes.  "I had a great night."  She hugged him and whispered, "I love you," into his ear.
         "Come inside, now, Whore!" Max boomed.  Amy's body Jake and he watched her as she walked to where Max was.  He backhanded her with all of his strength.  Jake felt a stirring of anger, but stood where he was.  "Get in there, now!" Max commanded.  She walked past him, her muscles tight.  He waited until the very last second then kicked her.  She landed on her face -- hard.  "Stupid pregnant Whore," Max growled again.
         "Pregnant?" Jake heard himself say.
         She sat up and nodded at him, then climbed to her feet and picked up her suitcases.  Max's eyes were still on her when he spoke to Jake.  "Mister, I suggest you fix your truck and get out of here.  Just you leave that ol' slut alone.  She belongs to me."
         "Belongs?" repeated Jake.
         Max turned back to Jake.  "I said it," he said, almost as though he were proud of it.  "And that's my baby."  He cracked a smile.  "No wonder you had to be taught to fuck!"
         How did he know about that? Jake asked himself.
         Amy saw the look in Jake's eyes. "I am going to be fine," she smiled for his benefit.  "I don't want to see anything happen to--"
         "Shut up then, Bitch, and get inside.  Get on the bed.  I'll be in to punish you in a minute."
         She smiled at Jake again.  He saw tears as she turned and walked into the room she and Max shared.
         "She has a name.  And it isn't Bitch or Whore.  It's Amy.  And, unlike you, I'm in love with her!"
         "So?" Max questioned calmly.
         "So she's coming with me."
         "Mister, that Whore is my property and--"
         Jake stopped him mid-sentence.  "I told you once and I'll tell you again.  Her name is Amy."  he walked closer, pressing his chest to Max's.  He found himself looking down on the shorter man and yelling at the top of his lungs, something he almost never did.  "Either you can send her home with me or I can take her.
         "Bitch!" Max yelled, and Amy reappeared.  "I have a gentleman here who says you want to go home with him," Max said, keeping his eyes locked with Jake's all the while.  "Do you want to go with him?"
         "No, Master," she said softly, lowering her eyes to the floor.
         "There.  You see?  She wants to stay here.  Now get off of my--"  The man's sentence was stopped as Jake shoved an eight inch blade into his gut.  Amy shrieked as he fell to the floor.  Max's body thudded onto the floor.
         "Oh my god," Amy whispered as if there were somebody else around who might hear.  "Jake . . . you stabbed him."
         Jake couldn't say anything.  He just stood there, staring at the bloody knife in his hand.  He carried a heavy load on his mind now.  After an amount of thought he picked up the man's body and carried to to the bed that Max and Amy shared.  He turned to the girl behind him and put one finger to her lips.  She nodded.  The pair then went around the corner to an auto shop and Jake bought new tires for the cab of his truck.
         As they drove away Amy stared at Jake and in a way was more fearful of him than she had been of Max.  A tense silence hung between them.  Jake broke it.  "I didn't know you were pregnant," he said in serious thought.
         She looked at her hands in her lap.  "About three months pregnant.  But it's hard to know for sure, Max wouldn't let me go to the doctor."
         "Hey," he said, touching her wrist.  "I'll take care of you both."
         She smiled wearily. "I was afraid for my baby every morning."
         "You're with me now.  He'll never hurt you, " his hand moved to her stomach, "Or our baby."
         "Our baby?"
         He smiled and nodded.  "I want to be a father for the baby.  I want to marry you and spend my life with you."
         She sighed. "I don't believe you're thinking clearly.  The first time we had sex I wanted to marry Max.  Time taught me better.  Just because I had sex didn't mean that either of us were in love with each other."
         "Then what in the Hell are you doing with me?" he asked gruffly.
         "I think I could fall in love with you," she answered hastily.
         He sighed and the miles fell silent again.
© Copyright 2011 abnormal2004 (abnormal2004 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1767118-Jake-and-Amy-Chapter-2