*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1768269-Rhymes-with-This
Rated: E · Short Story · Other · #1768269
Third Place in the Dialogue 500!!!
"Hey, Karen! Nice backpack."

"Oh, shut up, Frank! Just leave me alone."

"I mean it! ... Okay, what did I do this time?"

"This time? What did you do? How can you ask such a thing? You expect me to forget that little scene from the Rotunda earlier?"

"... Oh... that... Listen, it was just a little fun-"

"A little fun. Right. Well then, Go have your little fun with someone else's girlfriend."

"Oh come on, you know I was only joking. I would totally ask Brian for permission before doing anything too rash, even if it was just on stage."

"Frank, I'm trying really hard not to break your nose right now, I would suggest you stop following me before I lose my self control. Thanks to that stunt, I'm not sure Brian is still in the picture."

"...I'm sorry. Really, I am.... If there is anything I can do-"

"Yes, please stop following me."

"I'm not following you. I live in the apartments right across the street from you and happen to be heading home."

"Stupid college housing."

"..."

"..."

"... Hey... I'd really hate to be the bearer of bad news, but isn't that Brian over there behind the communications building?"

"Where? No! I can't believe this! Is that...?"

"Alicia Kay. They seem kind of... Friendly?"

"I can't watch this."

"Hey! Wait up, Karen!"

"I'm sorry, I just... I thought..."

"This has something to do with more than today, doesn't it?"

"He said they were Lab partners, in chemistry no doubt."

"Ouch. That was a lot of bitterness coming from a sweet girl like you. Listen, I'd hate to take advantage of the situation, but would you like to grab lunch? I've been meaning to ask you to lunch since Freshman orientation two years ago, but you always seemed to be with someone."

"Sad, you should have asked me then. I really liked you. (still do for that matter) ...But how would that be taking advantage of the situation? And you do realize it's still breakfast hours, right?"

"Well, an early lunch doesn't sound too bad, but if you would prefer breakfast... oh... sigh... What will I ever do? She said no to lunch..."

"Okay! Okay! I got it! Yes, I'll go to lunch with you, as long as you save some dramatics for the stage."

"Just some?"

"Well, a bit more than some."

"Then there is one more thing I want to do first."

"And what is that?"

"This."
© Copyright 2011 D.G. Weber (dgweber at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1768269-Rhymes-with-This