*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1768930-The-Night-of-the-Dance
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Contest Entry · #1768930
Flash story for Contest. 292
    Jacqueline snapped the fan open and closed nervously. She paced in front of the Music Building, worried about her attire and that evening. She was dressed in a white lace vintage dress tied off with a blue sash. The gentle V-neck in the front and back swept to her shoulders to form cap sleeves, and her otherwise straight hair was pinned up in ringlets, exposing her neck and back. She loved it; it was beautiful.

    A costume ball seemed like a great idea, but her nervousness tore her up inside. Her long time crush, Greg, had an evening Voice lesson that wouldn’t get out for another thirty seconds. She still had the chance to run. She started to walk, but made it no farther than the bench where she had first told him her feelings.

    She turned as she heard the door open. The matching white loose shirt and light blue bowtie brought out the shimmering blue in Greg’s eyes, which had searched the area until they met her brown ones. His smile widened as he walked over to meet her. She brushed out her skirt, and tried to appear calm, meeting his smile with one of her own.

    “You look beautiful, Jacqueline.”

    Greg’s hand brushed her exposed back as he gave her a hug, sending a spark shooting through her body. She shivered as he pulled back, but didn’t let her go. His face was inches away, the distance closing. She closed her eyes, and his lips met hers, first tenderly, then passionate. The fan fell from her hand as her fingers found his long dark hair. His hand slid down to the small of her back, beneath her dress…

She gasped and sat up, the visions flowing back into darkness.
© Copyright 2011 D.G. Weber (dgweber at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1768930-The-Night-of-the-Dance