*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1769758-The-Journey
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Short Story · Romance/Love · #1769758
This is a Short Story I wrote about a Bee and the Earth and how they find true love.
          Hello, my name is Markoh and I am a bee. I work all day out in the flower fields, collecting nectar to bring back to the hive to produce and make honey.
         After a long days work, every single day, I think to myself, “Why not take a vacation?” I pack up my bag and just fly out of the hive. I sore through the sky.
         I leave to outer space, from Mars, so I can follow my dream, when I got there, I saw the entire, front side of Earth. The strange part is, I am taller than Earth.
         Earth was mostly, a deep blue with some color around it, too.
         My dream was to fly the entire perimeter of Earth. As I got closer, something began, the Earth was shaking. I was confused, unaware of what was happening, but then I saw, my eyes widened, with my mouth opened wide, the earth stopped and opened its eyes, just waking from a long nights sleep.
         “Hello,” the Earth said, to me. My jaw dropped, the earth is a she.
         “My name is Cameal, what about yours?”
         “My name is Markoh,” I say. “How are you, today?”
         “I am pretty good, Markoh and how about yourself?”
         “I, too, am good,” I reply. “Would you mind, if I take a journey, around you?”
         “Go ahead, I do not mind.”
         My journey began, around the Earth, so small. Had to stop, once or twice, so I could rest my light blue wings and fill up my stripped belly.
         Afterward, I continued my journey on.
         When I got halfway around Cameal, my jaw dropped, once more.
         I could not believe my eyes, what I saw. Cameal, has light blue wings like I and a black stinger, too.
         She is a bee, like me!
         I headed out, back to my beginning.
         When I got back to my start, I looked at Cameal, with a smile and shinning eyes.
         “You are a bee, like me!” I exclaim.
         “Yes, Markoh, I am.” She said, with a smile.
         Cameal flew me back to Mars, after my journey ended. She winked a goodbye, as I flew back to my hive.
         That night, I could not sleep, I stayed up all night thinking about her.
         The next morning I woke up and decided to fly back to see Cameal. She exploded with excitement.
         I, everyday, went back to see her.
         To this day, I still do.
         Everyday, seeing Cameal is an adventure for us. One day, we will get married and have bees!
         Until then, we will be the best of friends.
         Now, back to the hive, to close my eyes and just dream. Dream of the future and the happy times we all, shall have.
© Copyright 2011 LiarsandShame (koo1992 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1769758-The-Journey