*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1769830-Orphan-Johnny
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Issie
Rated: · Fiction · Contest Entry · #1769830
Just a little short story I wrote for a competition. About Johnny an Orphan boy.
ORPHAN JONNY.
Jonny’s an orphan in the down streets of Canada, with a broken heart.
Jonny never forgets that night his mum put him up for adoption. His parents fought, while he watched his favourite programming. His mum had come in and said ‘darling you must pack your things; you’re going away. ‘This is for the best, Jonny,’ she said ‘I will see you again, but when things have calmed down.’ Although Jonny didn’t understand his mother’s strange words, he did what he was asked and packed his things.
When a taxi pulled up his driveway and his mum didn’t hop in. He was scared. The taxi drove past the apartments of his town and into the abounded country- no buildings, no trees, only light from the stars. Jonny sat for two hours, until he reached a small, quiet town. The driver stopped and Jonny got out.
It had been six years since the day he was first dropped here. His mind throbbed at the memory, while he ate his toast. His fist tightened. He never understood until now, his mum had put him up for adoption.
His anger flared and his fist hit the table. Bowls, glass, plates shattered to the floor. He couldn’t control the frustration inside him and punched his friend, Andrew, in the face. Andrew stared blankly at him. Jonny pushed him, pinning him to the ground, repeatedly punching him in the face.
What made him stop was his mother’s figure at door. He ran over giving his mum the biggest hug.
‘You’re back.’
‘Like I said,’ ‘What happened here?’
‘Oh.’ Realising what happened; he helped Andrew to his feet, and cleaned the damage he’d done.
‘I’m sorry Andrew.’
‘You wounded me!’ ‘But I forgive you.’
‘Can you live with me?’
‘Ask your mum.’
‘Mum.’
‘Sure!’



© Copyright 2011 Issie (issie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1769830-Orphan-Johnny