*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1769879-forever-friends
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Experience · #1769879
about friendship that is everlasting but a secret is unleashed can the friendship last
Forever Friends

Catrina Adams a petite, 5 foot 6, curvy, fiery redhead and Samantha Buckman a plump, 5 foot 2, luscious blonde are 17 and seniors at Jefferson High School they have been best friends since kindergarten. They always knew that they had a special bond between the two friends for so many years and no arguments, but Catrina had a secret a very dark secret.

Jefferson High was not the greatest school in the world, but the school had its perk they had a great athletics department. On top of it the school also had the most handsome and smart boys and the teachers were not hard to get along with.

Samantha and Kevin Richardson 6 foot 1, athletic, built with a six pack and great abs and full head of dirty blonde hair have been dating all through high school. Kevin is captain of the basketball team and is a year Samantha’s senior. Catrina, Samantha and Kevin have been the greatest of friend all through high school.

Catrina's senior year was rough though; she was dating the star football player Bobby Norwich the most popular in the school the cutest guy. He had the cutest dimples on his powder white flawless skin, he had the best looking black looking hair, he stood 5 foot 9 with a wonderful six pack body. They dated for a year but  their relationship was on and off, it was to be said they were the cutest couple; prom queen and king. Bobby was the athletic type and very aggressive at times when he didn‘t get what he wanted. If  Catrina didn't want to do something and Bobby did he would force her he would smack her around until she said she would do it.

One night Bobby wanted to go to the icehouse to hang out in town all the kids went there. He wanted to hang out with his friends and Catrina just wanted to be alone with him for the night. Bobby didn't want that so he grabbed her and threw her up against the wall and smacked her across the face. Then he told her they were going no matter what she said. No one knew he smacked her around. It was a secret and she couldn't tell anyone.

One fateful night Catrina told Bobby she was leaving him, he defiantly didn't like that idea. He punched her across the face Catrina counteracted and smacked him back, she told him that she thought she was pregnant with his baby. “It’s probably not mine you’re a tramp your probably sleeping with the whole football team for all I know.” He responded to her in anger. Between sobs she told him that she has been nothing but faithful to him, but of course he didn’t want to believe her he didn’t want to face the truth. The truth that he was never to careful with her and he could careless what the truth was. She turned and ran off but she didn’t know where to go or who to turn to who could she trust with this awful secret she was so ashamed of herself that she let this happen. She let the situation get so out of control.

When she finally came out of her daze she realized she was standing on Kevin’s front porch something had lead her here. Knocking on the door was a little startling to her and when Kevin’s mother came and answered the door she wasn’t sure what to say. “Oh sweetie come in out of the cold and I will go get Kevin.”  His mother led her into the living room and went to get Kevin. Kevin climbed down the stairs and knew something was wrong the minute he looked into her tear streaked eyes.

Kevin led her upstairs into his room and she sat down on the bed when Kevin closed the door behind them. When he sat down next to her all she could do was hug him and cry her eyes out. “Please tell me what’s wrong Catrina what can I do to make it better.” “I’m pregnant with Bobby’s baby, when I told him he called me a tramp told me I had been fooling around on him all year and that it couldn’t be his. Worst of all I told him it was over and he punched me I can’t believe he hit me.” “HOLD ON HOLD ON BACK UP HE HIT YOU!” “It’s not the first time.” She exclaimed. “I was so ashamed that I let him do that to me and that I stayed with him that I couldn’t tell anyone its my fault all this happened.” “It doesn’t matter if you were ashamed, you have no reason to be ashamed, you should have told me, he should have never laid a hand on you. I wish you had told me sooner so I could have stopped it. No one deserves that and I hope you don’t believe you do. Your better than that.” He exclaimed. “Thank you so much your so sweet I just didn’t want anything bad to happen to you I thought I could handle it. I thought he would stop and would have learned a lesson.

There was a bruise forming across her cheek. "I can't go home not like this." She exclaimed between sobs. "You can stay here for the night I don't think my mom will mind." "Thank you Kevin you're a great friend. I didn't know who to turn to." She said. "I'm so glad that you came to me that you trusted me enough." He said. "Now lay down and rest, I am going to get you some ice. Be right back." He said.

Kevin walked downstairs into the kitchen. "Who is this girl how come I've never seen her before?" His mother asked. "She's a friend mom and right now she really needs me. Someone please tell me you don’t mind if she stays the night?" He asked. "What's going on with her?" His mother asked. "Tonight she told her boyfriend that she thinks she's pregnant he doesn't believe her. The worst of it is that he hits her. He actually punched her across the face. "He replied. "Of course she can stay here I hope everything works out for her in the end. If you two need anything just ask." His mother said. "Do you think you can go to the store and pick up a pregnancy test for her?" He asked. "Of course I will be back in 20 minutes." His mother said. "Thank you mom." He said.

He got the ice and went back upstairs. Catrina was lying down but not asleep she had calmed down some but she still was upset. "I don't know what I am going to do. What if I am pregnant Bobby's not going to believe it's his he's already proven that to me. What am I going to do?" She said. At that very thought she started crying again. "Catrina, Bobby's a jerk he doesn't deserve you. You're going to call your mom and tell her you're spending the night at a friend's house. My mom ran to the store to get a pregnancy test." He said. "Thank you you're the greatest." She said. She ran up to him and gave him the biggest hug and then looked into his eyes. They looked at each other, lost in each others eyes and the next thing they knew they had kissed. "I'm sorry; I'm just really emotional right now." Catrina said. "Don't be sorry actually I have been wishing that would happen for awhile now." He replied. "What about Samantha?" She asked. "Samantha and I, I’m not sure what’s going on with us lately she’s just been so distant lately." He replied.

He held the ice pack on her cheek while Catrina called her mom to tell her she was staying at a friends house for the night. About 5 minutes later Kevin’s momm arrived home with the pregnancy test. She sat down next to Catrina and kindly started talking to her. Now before we take this test I want to ask something’s. For one have you ever taken one of these tests before and how late are you.“ Well no I have never been in one of these situations before and my period is late by two weeks which is unusual because usually I’m on time.” “Okay well lets go into the bathroom to give you a little more privacy.” Kevin’s mother led Catrina into the bathroom where she took the test and started to wait which was the hardest part of it all. Five minutes later and ecstatic Catrina ran into Kevin’s room into his arms exclaiming in the happiest tone that it came out negative. Well in the bathroom Kevin’s mom Isabella told Catrina that her period was probably late due to stress and that she hoped everything worked out for her. If you ever need anyone to talk to about anything you can always trust me.

"Kevin what am I going to do? I don't think Bobby is going to let me out of this relationship without me either being badly beaten or dead." She said worriedly. "You let me handle Bobby okay. Don't worry about a thing your going to be fine. I will take care of you." "Thank you Kevin. I have a secret to tell you though the whole time I was dating Bobby I was wishing it was you." She explained. She lies down and fell fast asleep with a smile on her face, Kevin just sat there watching her. He had been wishing the same thing, but never knew how to tell her. Never knew how she was going to react because of Samantha. Samantha was their friend and they didn't want to hurt her, but they couldn't avoid these feelings forever.

Kevin soon laid down behind Catrina, wrapping his arms around her warm petite body. It felt so right to be holding her. Nothing could help them avoid these feelings anymore. Catrina rolled over and looked into Kevin's eyes and knew that there was no way to avoid it. They leaned into each others bodies and snuggled up against each other and then passionately kissed for a second. They said their goodnights and fell asleep in each others arms.

Morning came; here was the day of truth what was going to happen. Catrina borrowed a t-shirt from Kevin. Then she took her clothes into the laundry room to be washed. She went back into the bedroom and found Kevin sitting on the bed in deep thought. "Kevin what's wrong?" She asked. "He should have never done that to you. It's not fair to you. You never once made him think that you had been cheating on him. He never should have said that to you. You always have been honest with him. You deserve better than he can ever give you. Better than I can ever give you." He explained in anguish. "Don't say that you are the best thing in this world for me. No one can change my mind about that. Look me in the eyes and tell me you don't want to be with me. If you do that then I will believe what you are saying to me." She said. "I can't look you in the eyes and do what you are asking. I do want to be with you, but I don't want to prove that I am not the best for you. I am scared that I am not everything you want. I want to be everything to you. I want to be a friend and a lover. Not just one or the other." "You're not going to prove to me that you aren't the best. You deserve me because without you I am nothing. I wouldn't be complete. To you I am everything, with you I am complete. With you I am everything and more.” "Catrina I have to go, but I promise I will be back. Promise me when I return you will still be here?" He asked. "Of course I promise I will be here when you get back. I'm not going anywhere." She replied. "By the way no ones looked that good in one of my t-shirts before. You look gorgeous." He said. "Thank you and you look handsome as usual." She replied. They kissed and then Kevin left.

Kevin knew what he had to do. He had to go talk to Bobby and set him straight. Kevin got in his car and drove over to Bobby's. Knocking on the door waiting for someone to answer he was so impatient. "Hello, how can I help you?" The person asked. "Hello yes I was wondering is Bobby home?" He asked. "Oh yes hold on one minute. Bobby someone's here to see you." The person yelled. Bobby soon came down the stairs and walked to the door. "Kevin what can I do for you?""You know what you can do for me! You owe Catrina an apology." Kevin exclaimed angrily. "I don't owe her anything that little tramp, tried making me believe that I got her pregnant and then tried breaking up with me." Kevin couldn't control his anger any longer. He grabbed Bobby and held him up against the wall. "Understand this she is not a tramp that girl was nothing but faithful to an asshole like you. She loved you and you treated her like shit. She finally couldn't take it anymore and tried to leave you. Which then you decided wasn't going to happen so you beat her up. Yes I know all of it. She showed up at my door crying her eyes out and bruised. So understand this you will give her the respect she deserves you will apologize to her. Then if I ever find out that you laid another hand on her you will be dealing with me. Then I will lay my hands on you and see how you like it." He put Bobby down and walked away knowing Bobby understood everything he had told him was the truth.

Kevin left and then headed to Samantha's. He wasn't sure what he was going to do. He really wanted to be with Catrina, but he didn't want to break up with Samantha either. He knew that he had to tell Samantha about Catrina and Bobby that's what he went over to Samantha's for. He pulled into the driveway and walked up to the door. He knocked and someone answered. "Hello Kevin would you like to talk with Samantha?" Sam's mother asked. "Thank you ma'am that would be wonderful." Kevin replied. "Hold on one minute and I will go up and get her." Sam's mother said. Samantha's mother walked up the stairs and a couple minutes later she came down. "Honey what are you doing here?" She asked. "We need to talk." He replied. They walked into the back yard and sat down. "Sam, Catrina and Bobby broke up. He has been beating her for sometime now, but no longer. He will never hurt her again as long as I live." He explained. "Where is she? How do you know all this?" She asked. "Catrina came to my house last night crying. When I asked her about what happened she told me that she had told Bobby she thought she was pregnant. He then told her it couldn't be his because she was a whore. Sleeping around with everyone. She then told him she was leaving him and he punched her across the face. She stayed with me last night and we took a pregnancy test, no she's not pregnant. I went to see Bobby before I came here. He's going to apologize to her and then never speak to her again. I will make sure he never hurts her again." He said. "Where is she right now?" She asked. "She's still at my house waiting for me to get back." He replied. "Can I go see her?" She asked. "You can see her tomorrow at school right now she really doesn't want to see anyone." He replied. "I'm her best friend besides you, wouldn't she want to see me and talk to me. Is there something going on between you two? She asked. "Yes you are her best friend, but right now she doesn't want to talk to too many people. No there is nothing going on between us of course there isn't I'm with you baby." He replied. "I don't know it just seems that Catrina and you are getting to close, she's sleeping in your bed and you're always with her. It just seems that you two are getting a little close for comfort. I don't want to lose you." She explained. "Don't worry about anything. Right now I got to go though I just stopped by to tell you about Catrina. I will talk to you later." He said. "I love you Kevin." She said. "Okay I will talk to you later." He replied.

Kevin walked around the house and climbed into his car. Started the engine and drove off. Samantha watched Kevin leaving and tears fell from her eyes. She knew it was over between them when she said I love you and he didn't. Catrina had finally won; she had taken him from her. Now all she had to do was end it with him.

Kevin arrived back at the house and walked up to his bedroom. It was about 6:30 pm. Catrina was still there waiting for him. She was lying down in the bed asleep with the music playing; she was still wearing the t-shirt. When Kevin turned down the music Catrina woke up. "Oh your back." She said. She walked over to him and gave him a hug. Kevin wrapped his arms around her waist and just breathed in her scent. He pulled away and said, "I went to see Bobby. I told him to apologize to you and that he would accept your break-up. I also told him that if he ever hits you again I will go after him. Then I went to see Samantha and told her what happened to you. She told me to tell you that she's sorry. She asked to come see you, but I told her you probably wouldn't want company right now."

"I think you're the one that doesn't want company. I wouldn't have minded if Samantha came to visit, but I think you wanted to spend alone time with me since your mother went to her class." She replied. "When did she leave for class?" He asked. "I don't know about 10 minutes before you got here." She replied. "Did you mean what you said last night? I mean when you said that you had been hoping something like this would happen. Catrina I care for you and want nothing bad to happen to you and I have been hoping for something like that to happen. I just don't want to force anything upon anyone, especially you; you have been hurt too much already." He explained. "Yes I meant every word I said last night. Kevin I have cared for you for awhile. I can't believe you never noticed. Samantha has because she has said something to me before." She replied. "Sam said something to you that's unusual because she said something to me today about it. Like she was suspicious of something. Like we have done something for her to be suspicious about." He said.

"We have done something for her to be suspicious. It was along time ago and we both were drunk since you didn't remember I didn't think I should tell you. We slept together when Bobby and I were together and you were with Sam. It was so long ago I just wanted to forget it that's why I never mentioned it to you. I just thought it happened because we were drunk not because we were telling our real feelings." She explained. "You don't need to explain because I remember. I never told you because of exactly what you just said I thought you didn't remember. I didn't do it because I was drunk actually I was hardly intoxicated. I did it because I wanted to share that night with you, I wanted to share every night with you, but I couldn't. I was so jealous of Bobby it was unbelievable. I always hated the way he treated you. On the other side I was jealous that he even got to touch a beautiful creature like you. I've always wanted you, but either you were with Bobby or I was with Sam." He explained. "I know what you mean. That night was my fantasy come true and no one could ever take it away from me. I wasn't intoxicated either actually all I had was one drink all night. I just wanted to be with you so bad that I made it look like I was intoxicated and that I didn't remember anything. I dream of that night every night, it plays over and over in my head. Your body up against mine, your lips embracing mine. It was beautiful." She exclaimed

Kevin embraced her lips just like that night except this time they weren't playing like they were drunk. This time the passion was real. "Bobby never deserved you; you were too great to be with him. I don't deserve you." Kevin whispered in her ear. "SHUSH you do deserve me. No one but you deserves me." She whispered back. Kevin took off her clothes slowly taking in her beauty with every step. They made passionate love and they just laid in each others arms. Kevin wanted to make her feel beautiful, to feel bliss. Kevin kissed down her body and ate her out until her body shuddered beyond belief, until her cry's turned into screams of bliss. Soon her body stopped shuddering and she was at peace. Kevin kissed up her body and embraced her lips. They dressed and kissed. It was almost 10:30. Catrina put back on the t-shirt and lay down in bed. Kevin lay down behind her. He wrapped his arms around her body and Catrina just looked into his eyes. "I love you Kevin Richardson I always have." She whispered. "I love you Catrina Adams and I always have and never will stop." He whispered. They fell asleep in each others arms that night. Tomorrow would be the day of truth.

Morning came and the alarm went off. Time to get up and ready for school. Kevin waited and just watched her until she woke up. "Good morning babe." He said when she opened her eyes. "Good morning hun." She said in return followed by a kiss. They got up took their shower and got dressed. Then they headed out to Kevin's car, he started the car and they were off. Kevin held Catrina's hand and told her everything was going to be fine.
They arrived at school and walked into the building. Catrina had study hall first period so she walked Kevin to his class. They said their goodbyes and then Catrina went off looking for Sam. Samantha was in her study hall first period and she knew already that she wasn't there. Finally, after looking for 20 minutes she found her. "Samantha can we talk please I know Kevin told you about Bobby. I know that you already know I stayed the night over there. Samantha nothing happened between us he is perfectly loyal to you." Catrina explained. "I know he's loyal that's not the fact. The fact is that he wants to be with you and I don't blame him either. Catrina he's always loved you the only reason I got him was because you were with Bobby. This was inevitable. He was going to be with you sooner or later. I'm not mad or sad don't worry about me; I still want to be friends with both of you. I promise I am okay with the two of you. I'm happy for both of you; he wasn't the one for me. That just means there is someone better for me waiting out there for me to find him." Samantha explained. "So you're really okay with the two of us? This isn't going to hurt our friendship?" Catrina asked. "No I am fine with you two being together. I know that you really care for each other. Also no it's not going to hurt our friendship with me; and you, Catrina no guy will come between us. With me and him no girl will come between us." Samantha explained. They hugged and walked to class. "Thank you." Catrina said. They arrived at their class and walked in.

Lunch came and they all sat down at the same table. "Kevin I talked to Samantha this morning she knows about you and me and she's fine with it." Catrina said. "Is that true Sam that you're fine with us?" Kevin asked. "Yes Kevin it is true there is someone out there for me and I will find him sooner or later. I just hope that you two are happy together." Samantha replied. "We will be don't you worry." Kevin said. "No matter what happens we will always be friends." She said to them.

Later that year, Samantha died, she had been hit by a drunk driver. There's one thing that sticks out in her head before she died. Kevin was the last guy she was ever with. Maybe this was the one for her, maybe her life was meant to be like this. Maybe Catrina and Kevin were meant to be together so they wouldn't hurt over losing her. No one knows the plan of life. The last words out of her mouth before she took her last breath were that she was finally happy. Catrina and Kevin were hurt of course, but having each other helped them cope.
The end

© Copyright 2011 writerfreak (writerfreak19 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1769879-forever-friends