*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1770474-Hogwarts-Harrowing-Exposure
Rated: E · Short Story · Fanfiction · #1770474
On a mission to save Hogwarts from muggle exposure the gang must replace the quartets
“We are running in circles,” Hermonie huffed, blowing her long curly hair to the side.

“If only we could use magic,” Ron said, sluggishly trailing behind.

As the path stretched on the shadows seemed to creep closer. Ron told himself that it was only the moons creation, the beaming of the night glow through the branches above. Surely those black figures were only mere figures of his imagination. As if to confirm his own freight howls rippled through the night. Ron muffled a moan from breaking through; he straightened up and scurried on over closer to his fellows.

Harry was taking the lead, his cloak flinging up along with the leaves, the wind whistling its own tune with a force of blinding wind that could knock you down if you let it.

“We mustn’t give up. Besides we are the ones with the quartets, we have the upper hand…”

“It’s utter absurdity to think that Dumbledore’s fortress could become exposed through the means of lifting a small rock from its place,” Nevertheless this was what was at stake, worse yet the protective shield could only last until daylight.

The Malfoys had threatened to bring Hogwarts to an end, by exposing it to the muggles of the world. Their only chance of stopping this from happening was to make their way to the hidden chambers in the forbidden forest .

“How do you suppose we are to find a chamber that has, hidden, in its name?” Ron remarked.

“Dumbledore said that as long as we resist from using magic it will appear to us.” Harry said, with confidence echoing through each step.

“Not to mention our help from up above,” Hermonie added, pointing a stick towards the sky.

Miss Mccgallagan had strict orders from Dumbledore to lead the gang of witches in training to circle the forest from up above to spot out the tree of prickly pines. One would think this would be a hard task, except these pine needles were sharper than the pokest of pines, leaving dead birds of every kind to decorate its figure.

The witches were howling and hooing from up above, calling in the owls for help. There was no lack of help from down below neither for every student of every class was braving up and fighting off the death eaters at the edge of the forest. Mr. Malfoy had called in what they now called the bashing bandits. This was what they were to watch out for. For these guys knew no edge of sanity. They would smash pumpkins in your presence to release the tranquilizing gas they, with all their insanity, had injected them with.

Ron was glancing all around, tripping over his own feet. Why had he volunteered to be the caboose of their train? He supposed it was to protect Hermonie, or rather to appear brave in her presence, for he knew fully well she could take care of herself.

“Did you guys hear that?” Ron asked, picking up a stick as Hermonie had, if he didn’t have magic on his side at least he had Mother Nature, for she supplied many sticks and rocks for ammo.

The group stopped. Harry signaled for them to close in, forming a triangle.

Black Shadows were running from tree to tree. Just then they saw the chamber trees entrance.

“It’s over there Harry.” Hermonie exclaimed.

Everyone had found their target, which caused utter chaos to erupt. Lightning bolts were being struck down from the witches above. Their targets were the speedy men, those bashing bandits were closing in, too close for comfort. Now it was just a game of cat and mouse. Time to run for it.

Ducking, darting, sprinting, and sliding was the dance they dared to do.

“Harry catch,” Hermonie said, clearly in the path of a tackle. Harry now held one of the only keys. He had his way in and he knew he had to act fast. Hermonie was down, her small shrill into the night turned Ron into supersonic superman. He was using the rocks on his victims like a drummer at a Metallica concert.

“Go on Harry. I’ll hold it down out here. Save the school.”

Light illuminated as two magnets interlocked and Harry stood in what seemed to be an elevator, dropping him down. Deep down. The flight down was filled with squeals and squeaks of metal grinding on medal. The musk was almost unbearable. Harry felt as though he were falling into his own grave. Then he saw it, the gem, centered and floating above a sphere of pure light. He just had to place the four stones Dumbledore had given him on all corners of the stand. This he did with ease. It felt safe down here, until he heard the voice he had dreaded, only one quartet left.

“Stop right there Potter”

Draco pointed his wand with pure anger written across his face. Hogwarts administration had been the ones to land his mother in jail and then eventually to her own demise. They were going down, but what Malfoy didn’t know was that magic would zap him out in violation of the grounds rules. Draco was never one for reading the rules. Harry smirked, tauntingly, setting down the last stone. Malfoy flicked and with that vanished, sent back to the school grounds were the proper authorities would escort him out to the Azkaban holding grounds. The hidden chambers would now be forever hidden.

© Copyright 2011 writtenwonders03 (writtenwonders at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1770474-Hogwarts-Harrowing-Exposure