*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1770711-Wings
Rated: ASR · Other · Contest Entry · #1770711
Fairy Tales do come true...
Written for:

"Daily Flash Fiction Challenge 13+: Enter your story of 300 words or less.

~~~

“Does anyone else know about this?”

“No, only you and Jessie.”

I stared Karen. “You told my brother before me?”

“He wouldn’t let me upstairs till I showed him what I wanted to show you.” She said with a grimace. I nodded in response. My older brother was a pain in the butt.

She placed the thing on my dresser and we both stared at it as it stood and stretched, it was female. She fluttered her wings briefly as though stretching those too but it didn’t try to escape. She looked up at us; no fear was present on her face.

“I can’t believe that you caught it. Do you think it will let us take some photos?”

“Maybe we should ask it,” Karen whispered to me. She bent her head down and rested her chin on the edge of the dresser. “Hello little one. My name is Karen and this is Penny. We were wondering if we can take a photo or two of you?”

She nodded, she understood us. She was beautiful, greens and browns to make her blend in with nature outside. “I’ll go grab my camera.” I left Karen and ran to my cupboard to search it.

In a box at the back I found it. I pulled it out and ran back to my friend. I stared at the thing standing on me dresser again.

I clicked the camera several times, her wings fluttered as the camera whirred.

“Thank you.” I whispered to her. Karen had a large smile on her face. I walked to my window and opened it, watching her fly out. “Let’s print these out now.” Karen nodded in response so we sat and printed the photos out, standing on the red cloth in green and brown was a fairy.
© Copyright 2011 JubeCube ~ official homeowner! (jubecube at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1770711-Wings