*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1771338-Blind-date
Rated: · Short Story · Entertainment · #1771338
Nothing's more exciting then having a blind date with a Spanish hotty on a sunny day
Anxiety. Excitement. How will he smell, how will he introduce himself? Will he great me with a handshake, a hug or even a spontaneous kiss? How will I answer him and how do I prevent myself from hesitating? Oh bugger, what on earth have I gotten myself into…

On the way to the station in Middelburg I look outside the window pondering, while I’m seriously questioning my reasons for meeting. I pull my dress down and tide the straps of my heels tight. The train enters the station, get up from my seat, taking my bag with me from behind and follow the crowd out onto the platform.

Very nice Roos, next time you have a splendid idea keep it to yourself. Roos, my friend, who thought that a blind date was just the thing for me I had to try out. While I walk off the platform still growling, I walk straight into the arms of Desperado.

I can’t avoid my mouth dropping slightly by amazement.

“Are you Celine?” he asks me with a charming smile.

I stutter:

“Uh, yes, that’s uh, that’s me.”

Bugger.

He gives me a smile from ear to ear after which he leans over to give me two kisses on the cheeks. I follow him in this gesture and notice to my satisfaction that he smells lovely. I feel how my excitement grows purely by this sensual, vanilla odor.

“Shall we go?”

He invites me by offering his arm, which I eagerly accept.

While we enter the centre of the little town and chat about the simple daily issues I try to temper my enthusiasm. My God, what a hotty! My former doubts have vanished into thin air and I begin to believe that this time Roos may have it right. This dark, southerly type with the strong features is exactly my type.

We arrive at CafĂ© Duinzicht and take a sea at a table outside with view on the church square. There are just a handful of people at the square and most of them are just like us enjoying the soft sun of spring. He orders a beer, an orange jus for me. While he makes the order to the waiter I scan his appearance. Dark, fairly curled hair, dark eyebrows, strong cheekbones and a pair of lips so divine that it’s difficult to leave them untouched. When my eyes descent south they find a powerful and muscular body, slightly tanned and with just enough body hair to emphasize his masculinity. This all is covered by a simple, but fashionable black shirt, which deprives me from seeing more.

“Is it me or is it actually quite hot today?’

I avert my eyes and follow a man sweeping the terrace of his pub with a broom, my eyes fixated on the top of this broom. Huh? Instinctively I move somewhat back when I feel something touching my lower leg. I chuckle, but let it endure, while it caresses my skin with soft strokes.

“I agree with you, it’s a hot day,” he agrees, with an inviting smile.

The waiter then arrives with our drinks and I feel how he pulls his foot back, offering me the chance to regain my calmness. He acts as if nothing happened and jokes with the boy bringing our drinks.

“Goodness, you’re thirsty! Want another one?” he asks me surprised, when he sees me drinking the juice in one go.

No, that won’t be necessary.

“So I wonder why you have applied yourself on a dating site.”

His eyes are like magic and I’m being pulled into his gaze with no way to escape from it. It’s as if my line of sight is minimized to his and I feel it in my entire body. My temperature is rising by the minute and he orders me another drink, a beer this time.

“Well you have to try everything in your life once, right?” I lie, without knowing actually whether it sounds the slightest bit convincing.

“A girl like you doesn’t need a dating site to find herself a man.”

Again that smile and I’m just five centimeters away from gliding from my chair. Hallelujah! I chuckle, while I quickly correct my attitude and pull myself up straight.

I respond to his remark with a mischievous look and we talk about the advantages and side effects of dating sites. Afterwards we conclude by saying that this time it has end well for the both of us. I notice he is impressed by my appearance and feel how his eyes glide over my upper body, while I look for my sunglasses in my purse. I’m glad with the outfit I’ve chosen for today: a nice, white summer dress on knee length with a V-neck that shows just about enough cleavage.

“I’ll ask for the bill. What time does our bus depart?”

The bus that will bring us to the beach will leave in half an hour. I answer him that we still have time.

We walk to the bus station and I listen to him, while he tells me about his past relationships and his love experiences. I decide then to hear him out about his personal taste. The answer I get is pleasing me.

“What about you?”

I think for a moment before I reply.

“Let’s say that I’m glad to be here at this moment.”

I present him with a teasing gaze and feel how his hand positions itself lower at my back.



That afternoon has passed so quickly and I wish I could experience it again. What a date! I feel the tension in my body when I think about Desperado, who is Pablo in real life and have to control my sexual appetite in the train back home. A sigh escapes from my lips and my body trembles under the flashback I get from the kiss we shared at the end. Purely magic! He brought me into ecstasy, from which I didn’t want to escape. During this ecstasy I couldn’t keep myself from thinking about the rest of our date. Letting him lead me with those strong arms and enchanting eyes, letting him caress me the way the Southern lovers do. What a shame I had to do the night shift and had to end the date. I was happily surprised then when after some minutes in each others arms he’d watched me straight in the eyes and said:

“Will you come see me again for a glass of wine?”



“Ladies and gentleman, the next stop is Amsterdam Central Station. This is the final destination of this train. Please mind your personal belongings when leaving this train. We wish you a pleasant day and hope to welcome you aboard of our train again soon.”

While I’m waiting for the train to enter the station and come to a halt I feel more nervous then the day before. My imagination and longing has made it hard for me to keep my mind somewhere else. When the train reduces speed and rides into the main station my heart pounds when I see him standing on the platform waiting for me with two steamy hot jars of coffee in his hands.
© Copyright 2011 Celine Morret (celinemorret at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1771338-Blind-date