*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1773964-Gun-Pointed-at-the-Head-of-the-World
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Drama · #1773964
The begining of the end, short and intense scene about a plane crash
UN
November 13th 2017

It was a historic day at the United Nations, today peace would be dealt to those remaining. Every representative sat in the main hall watching both the Russian and American presidents walking to the podium from oposite sides for the handshake that would end the war that had torn the world apart. Yet the handshake would not come, after seventeen years the pieces were set, checkmate all but assured, revenge was at hand.

Moscow airspace, HSG-1 (callsign: Dawn)

Even in the environmentaly controled suit the snow filled air rushing into the cabin through the open door at 15,000 ft was bitterly cold. Mark reafirmed his grip on the door's hand hold before looking back into the cabin and attempting to get Isaac's attention over the screaming wind."Any luck?".
"Nothing" came the reply "problem's with the satelite's not us"
Mark fished out his beat up cellphone. When he fliped it open he found that it to had no bars, not that he had realy expected to get coverage in a warzone. Mark turned back to the dimly lit void of twilight in the Russian winter. He spotted the faded outline of their twin, Shadow. He keyed his throat mic, "David" he called.
"Nothing on your end either?" came the concerned reply.
"Nope, we're doing this the old fashioned way" Mark replied.

UN
As the two presidents closed in on the podium a self guided missle crashed through the wall and planded itself in the ceiling revealing a mounted projecter which proceeded to display the image of an incredibly plain man with almost no distinguishing features save his icy grey eyes. He adressed his audience in a cool and collected voice that betrayed no emotion. "My name is Thomas Niket, for eighty years my family has faded into obscurity and for eighty years we have been working to correct that. My father and grandfather had the notion that if we had all the money we would get all the power, it was an error that cost us dearly. Then I had the idea that if we held all the power then everybody would bring me all the money. that is why sixteen years ago the Trade Centers were brought down and the schools burned. All your woes since then have been my doing." He paused for dramatic effect "you have twenty-four to turn over control of your contries or I start wiping citie off the map, one by one. Now since obviously no one is going to believe me, I offer you this demonstration." The screen faded into an ariel view of Moscow.

Moscow airspace, HSG-1 (callsign: Dawn)
They were flying directly over Mosow now. Cliche as it seemed to him, the world truly did seem peaceful to him save for tiny flashes and the faint crash of skyscraper crumbling away reminding him of the fight to the death of those who did not no or did not care of the peace soon to come. None of that concerned him though, he need to reach the national library, then the color of the sky began to concern him as well. The dim grey of twilight began to grow brighter and brighter into a deep red.
"Uhh...Captain?
He knew there was no time for thought, just a choice, run or die. "Gregoir!" He shouted.
"Already on it" the small Ukrain replied, even his cool and collected facade Mark could hear the fear in his voice.
Then a blinding flash engulfed the sky...then the shock wave hit. They were thrown from the sky as if swatted by a giant hand as a titanic, thunderous sound consumed all else. The aircraft twisted and fliped in the sky as Mark struggled to regain his senses. Sight was the first to return and he saw people and equipment crashing around the cabin as if there were no gravity. He caught Emile as he flew out the door. Adreniline pumping through his system brought time to a crawl. Over the titanic roar of the blast he heard the combined shrieks of every alarm going off and everyone of them seemed pointless to him. After a few seconds of desperate pulling he could faintly make out Emile's panicked swearing. They came falling down into the ruined city. Desperate to secure Emile's survival he used the last of his strength to last until they passed over the roof of a skyscraper before letting go. Emile's desperate eyes were the last thing he saw before they bounced off the side of what he thought to be an office building and came crashing to the ground.
Thought the tough frame had left the Dawn intact in the loosest sense of the word most crawled from the aircraft. Mark helped Hodge move Kelly out of the cabin. As they emerged he saw that they were lucky enough to land up in an icy park in downtown Moscow. All around him his team meandered around in a stunned and haphazard way, Jacob on the ground leaning against a tree, Bill was off to the side kneeling by Isaac. Mark wandered into the street to join Zaeed, Sophie and Guille were standing. Except for the howling wind and the ice crunching beneath feet the world was silent for there were no words to describe the frozen, charred wasteland of Moscow. The city had been shredded beyond what even movies had thought the apocolypse looked like. Nothing but ice and ruined buildings were left standing, 15 million lives ended in an instant ad then there were the statues. There were no empty streets or mangled bodies as he had expected. No, instead, like a modern Pompeii every living thing had been frozen in time during their last moment as an ash statue. He saw desspair in the eyes of his companions and after all he had done to regain it, he found no hope within himself either.
"So this is the way the world ends" Sophie said.
No one saw any reason to answer her.

UN
"You have twenty-four hours" the man repeatedin his emotionless voice. A single click left the horrified room in silence
© Copyright 2011 Riddick07 (hunterrector at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1773964-Gun-Pointed-at-the-Head-of-the-World