*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1774513-The-Silence-has-broken
Rated: ASR · Poetry · Death · #1774513
A memory of a loved one.
What will you do to end the silence?
When your last breath echoes against the wind.
When you look up and see the sun, and wish to stay for one more sunset.
When you feel that warm spot against your chest, and feel the liquids drain.
When you know you did everything right, yet still wish for another chance.
When you feel the tears that are not yours.
People staring down.
Girlfriend crying.
Is there nothing left?
Are you truly dying?
Or is there another world just waiting for you to enter.
The world is silent once more.
And may you rest forever.

R.I.P. Jessica (May 8, 1989 - April 16, 2008) and Casavern (August 12, 2004 - April 16, 2008). Hit by a drunk driver. He also died, but his girlfriend lived. I'll miss you both. My only regret is that I should have asked to marry you before Casavern was born. Happy 22nd Birthday, Jess.

I remember how I met Jess. She was out party-hopping, in an elegant white dress, and her friends had abandoned her, so she just sat in the street, red umbrella in hand, rain dripping softly, shoes left at the last party.

So, I took her back to my parents house, (they were gone that weekend, which is why I was out partying), left her to sleep it off in my bed, (I took the floor, being the gentleman I am). The next morning, when she awoke, she offered to make me some dinner the following night as an apology, and we were together as partners after that.

It was a regular love story. I say was, because I don't believe in love anymore.
© Copyright 2011 originalazrael (originalazrael at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1774513-The-Silence-has-broken