*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1774618-The-indean-and-white-one
Rated: E · Fiction · Romance/Love · #1774618
A white girl gets feelings for this indean thats in jail...Read to find out more
"Paw! They got Red bone!" I screamed kinda scared of seeing him up close...kinda excited.

You see red bone is a bad Indian that don’t know a lick of English...or I don’t think no one ever heard him talk...The rumor has it that he killed about Twenty people...scalped 'em. But I don’t think he did it...He don’t look like that type of person and he's close to my age...sixteen or he looks it.

  "I know Beth calm down honey."

Frank my paw's name. He was about in his forties. Beard on his face wrinkles on his forehead. Blue eyes, red hair. Tan skin, His used to be muscles is gettin kinda saggy from his age...He has a beer belly...I tell him he's pregnant but he just laughs at me.

  Paw threw Red bone in the cell as he hit the floor with a loud THUD followed by a grunt. Paw walked to me and stopped.

"Think you can watch him for a bit?" He asked.

"Sure can paw!" I said.

Paw left and I stared at red bone then after I worked up enough courage I went over to the cell he was in and stared at him...the killer right in his eyes. Although...His eyes looked as if he was scared...I guess all killers look like that when they get thrown in jail...

  I said softly kinda scared and was rethinking what I was doing. Red bone looked up at me and stared like he didn’t understand me.

"Can you...understand me?" I said motioning what I was saying out.

Red bone nodded then looked back at the floor staring.

"Then answer me..."

He looked straight in my eyes. His long black straight hair covering his face up a bit. His black eyes cowering in fear. His skin tan only wearing loincloth pants and moccasins. Very muscular...His stomach six packs tight. Not an ounce of fat. Indian pant on his face and arms.

  "Why should I tell you...when you won't even believe me?" He said clear as day...He was kinda cute too.

"Now I ain't my paw...You ca-.."

"Trust? Trust a sheriff’s daughter? White one at that...I can't trust anyone...I learned that one the hard way."He interrupted.

"Just because I’m white don’t mean I can't be trusted...Were not all the same...I don't even want to be a depute or sheriff of this town!"I said my voice firm my eyes locked on his.

"No..But all white men's feeling is the same toward us...What do you wanna do anyways?" he said meeting me on the other side of the black metal bars.

"That's not true...i wouldn't judge of a person skin color. And I wanna travel...Something exciting...meet exciteing places and people!" i said with a smile on my face just imageing the freedome...the...the...the excitement.He looked at me.

"Now...why did you do it?"I asked.

He looked at me and went to go say something but then paw walked in and he shut his mouth. I looked back then at him again he was laying on the dirty shaggy ol' cot in the corner of the cell.

  "C'mon Beth, Time for this prisoner to get some sleep."

"Alright paw...” I walked out following my paw I looked back and red bone waved at me. I waved back then blew out the candles which turned the room to a black-ish grey.

  I got home and paw cooked some deer...Momma died when I was just six. She was very ill. I heard paw say the food was done I went running into the kitchen starved. I sat down and said grace then gobbled it down.

"Slow down there...don't get your self choked darling."

I slowed down "Sorry paw I’m so hungry."

I finished the food.

"Go get ready for bed darlin."

"Yes sir."

I went to my room and changed into my night cloths then got comfy in my bed and called my paw. He came in a tucked me then kissed my forehead said good night and he loves me then blew out my candle and walked out looking back smiling.

I heard him get in bed then I waited until he went to sleep. I kept on thinking what that Indian was going to say...So I went back to the jail cell when paw was asleep. I crept out of my room and across the kitchen the finally to the door I slowly opened it and walked out closing it back slowly. There I did it...I snuck out...I ran down the street passed the barber and the bar then finally to the jail cells.

  I opened up the sheriff’s door leading to the one jail cell. I lit the candle then closed the door behind me so no one will know I’m in there. I turned around and saw the Indian laying on the bed...i think he was sleeping...i didn't know...so i asked him.

  I said quietly.

"Not yet." He said calmly and spoke quietly.

"What was you gonna to say before my paw walked in?"

© Copyright 2011 caitlin (caitlin16 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1774618-The-indean-and-white-one