*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1776128-Of-curses--Or-luck
by Karyn
Rated: · Other · Action/Adventure · #1776128
The water is rising and they're trapped! What to do?
"I don't know which is worse, 13 black cats or you!"  Joe screamed at Jeff.

"Hey, it isn't my fault!"  Jeff countered.  "You're the one that opened the stupid box!"

The twins clutched desperately at the mast of the slowly sinking ship.

"But you didn't tell me about the stupid curse!"  Joe retorted.

"Genies aren't curses."

"But they can give them!"

"Oh, shut up and help me think of a way to get home!"

The water was now up to their feet and rising quickly.

"What do you suggest?"  Joe asked.

"Well, another wish is out of the question since you used all three in on sentence."  Jeff dead-panned.

The water was now up to their waists.

"We might have to swim for it but as fast as the water's cooling, we might freeze before we get anywhere."  Jeff worried.

"Ho, there!"  A voice called out to them.  "Time to get out, boys!"

"No!"  Joe yelled.  "We'll never join you sea-dogs!"

"We might not have a choice, Joe."  Jeff started shivering as the water reached chest deep and got colder than ever.

"Listen to your brother, boy!"  The voice shouted from above.  "You'll either drown or freeze to death after much longer!"

"We're not afraid!"  Joe defiantly clung to the mast as the water slipped up to his chin.

Jeff grabbed Joe's hand.  "Let's go for it, Joe!"

Joe nodded and they both let go and sunk into the cold and dark waters.


The door banged open!

"You two are still in that bath!?  You'll catch your death!"  Their mother said.  "Get out now and get ready for supper."  And

she left.

"We're in luck, Joe!  We've found some shallows!"

"Yeah, but now we have to deal with the Pirate Queen and her evil, cheek-pinching harpies!"

© Copyright 2011 Karyn (kaikanosei at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1776128-Of-curses--Or-luck