*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1776172-To-destroy-or-not-to-destroy
by Karyn
Rated: E · Other · Contest · #1776172
What do you do when your favorite show goes black when it's getting to the best part?
"Hmm, looks like we lost the signal."  Flargg said

"Huh, what?"  Blaak snorted awake.  Seeing the photovisor dark Blaak jumped up off of his stool.

"You mean we don't have to watch that crappy show anymore?  Yes!  Whoo hoo!  Thank the Great Pourt!"

Flargg laughed.  "Yeah, but I bet Suuke wont be happy." 

"Who cares!"  Blaak whooped.  "We're free!"

"Hey guys."  The door opened and Suuke slithered in carrying a bowl of tuca tuca nuts in his tentacles.  "How's the vote going?"

"Ha ha!  Oh, it's going."  Blaak laughed.     

Suuke arched his eye flap in confusion and glanced at the photovisor.

A high whistle filled the air and the tuca tuca nuts floated to the ceiling as Suuke let them go.

"Calm down, Suuke!  It's okay!"  Flargg tried to calm down his friend.

"No!"  Suuke slammed his tentacles down on the floor and turned and stalked toward the war room.   

Flurgg and Blaak followed him, sliding as fast as their own tentacles would take them.

"If I can't see the results, noone can!"  Suuke declared as he reached for the death ray command lever.

"Suuke!  Don't do it!"  Flurgg yelled as he grabbed Suuke and pulled him back.

"Flurgg, let him do it.  What does that stupid planet mean to us?"  Blaak said, leaning against the doorway.  "It even has a dumb name, Artd.  Or whatever." 

"You do realize..."  Flurgg grunted, trying to keep a now frothing Suuke back from the ray.  "...That hot dogs and chili come from Earth, right?"

Blaak perked up.  "I thought they came from Tasone." 

"Nope, Earth.  Ouch!"  Flurgg pulled back and cradled his tentacle.  "Suuke... he bit me!"

Suuke now dove for the lever.

"Noooooooooooooo!"  Blaak jumped at Suuke and tried to pull him down but ended up bouncing off of Suuke's jell-like form  and ricocheting around the room a few times before landing on the death ray lever himself.

The alarms went off and the lights dimmed as the ray flashed and there was a sucking sound.

"Uh, oh..."  Flargg said.  All three ran to the viewing window to see what happened.

There stood Earth, still serenely spinning as always.

But there was a large hole in the middle of the moon, making it look like a cosmic donut!

"Umm, you guys, I was just going to write the satelite company a letter."  Suuke said behind them, holding his pen.  "I just left my pen in the laser room." 

Flargg and Blaak just looked at each other.

The thoughts of the three were unanimous:  They were in trouble.  Deep trouble.
© Copyright 2011 Karyn (kaikanosei at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1776172-To-destroy-or-not-to-destroy