*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1777552-chapter-three--the-city-limits
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by axie
Rated: · Other · Action/Adventure · #1777552
another exiting chapter of TBOIC enjoy!
            CHAPTER 3: THE CITY LIMITS           

The sun had set. But the twosome still managed to keep warm in the freezing cold.

         “Can we camp soon?” said Mariana having to yell.

           “Sure, this looks like a good spot here,” said Alex yawning.

            “Phew, I thought I was going to pass out,” said the princess complaining.

           “Me too,” Alex said setting up the beds and the wood for the fire.

With a slide of his hand he picked up a match and lit it. After a few minutes he got out some food to cook on the fire, he had packed hot dogs, marshmallows, chocolate, and graham crackers. 

“Dig in,” he said handing her a cooked hotdog on a stick.

         “Wow, better than I expected,” said the princess devouring the food she was given.

            “And that’s not the best part,” said Alex pulling out the ingredients for s’mores.

          “It’s not? You would not understand how long it has been since I had real food,” said Mariana so interested that she almost fell over backwards.

“Yep there is more and this part is way better,” said Alex handing her a chunk of the s’more.

The princess took a bite and fainted from happiness.

         “Wow I did not see that coming,” said Alex eating the rest of it.

“At least she hit her bed,” said Alex happy that he didn’t have to move her.

         “I should be getting to bed myself,” said Alex talking to himself.



The next morning he was awakened by the sound of screaming and sleds.

         “Mariana!” he shouted after her but she was out of sight in under a minute.



In 15 seconds he was in his sled, had his backpack and going at top speed plus his sword was drawn and ready for a fight. In two minutes he had already caught up with them. When he reached the first sled he jumped on to the other sled and smacked off the bandit and whipped its dogs to make it go faster. To make sure he could save Mariana he grabbed the dogs off his sled and put it on the sled that he was currently on.

He  jumped on to other sleds and stole  their dogs,  jumping back and forth until he got to the front sled, which had four men on it. He leaped on and pushed one man off, punched another out, killed one with his sword, threw the last man over board, and stopped the sled. Mariana greeted him with a hug, and a thanks, and then they were on their way.

The team took the bandit sled for it was faster than the original one they had taken.

           After a couple of hours then had reached the outskirts of town, and it was not at all pretty.

“Well this is it,” said Alex with a sigh.

        “Wow this place is huge!” said the princess still looking up.

        “Keep your voice down, this place isn’t the most crime free,” said Alex quietly.

Mariana looked at him and didn’t say another word until they got where they were going.

                         “How did this stuff get here?” asked the princess.

“The metal?”  Replied Alex.



         “Well at all started with a landing of a spaceship in the middle of the city, and what they call a human came out of the huge ship, The human got out and tested the soil and just nodded his head, somehow he could speak our language. so the mayor offered our ice-cream soil to have metal like that on his ship but then other animals moved here such as a half-cat half-human species,” said Alex still thinking about it.



“That’s why we are here,” said Alex opening the huge doors in front of them.



In an instant the air was filled with music and happiness. The band’s name was on the drummer’s bass drum and it read, “Bennie and the felines”.

Alex waved at the drummer and he got down from the podium and greeted him with a hug.



         “Who is he?” asked Mariana.





“He is my brother,” Alex replied with a whisper.



“Alex, can I talk to you for a minute?” Bennie asked.



Alex followed him into the next room.



“Who is that girl?” Bennie asked suspiciously.



“Well, she is...”Alex paused for a couple of seconds.



“Don’t tell me she is…” said Bennie with a grin on his face.



“She is not!”Replied Alex followed by a punch to Bennie’s stomach.



“Sorry, over reacted, it has been a tough day,” said Alex sitting down on the chair next to him.



“Where is he!?” shouted an unfamiliar voice.



“We are here on the order to capture Alex’s friends and family,” said the booming voice.

“He must be after you Bennie,” said Alex silently.

“They are not getting you” said Alex drawing his sword slowly.

“When I say go burst out and get behind the bar, okay ready? 3, 2, 1 go!



    “Princess, Get behind Bennie!” yelled Alex.

  A soldier tried to shoot him but Alex grabbed the gun and shot him and several other soldiers with it.

Alex joined Mariana and Bennie behind the bar and then Alex snatched a cloth from under the bar, and stuffed it in a rum bottle and lit it.

“Get down!” shouted Alex as he threw the alcohol bomb in his opponents general direction.

The three of them were in a burning bar, and Alex knew he had to do something so he grabbed the both of them and barreled out the window.   

                               END OF CHAPTER

 



© Copyright 2011 axie (axiem101 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1777552-chapter-three--the-city-limits