*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1777771-Late-Night-Musing
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Torrez
Rated: 18+ · Monologue · Other · #1777771
I wrote this a couple years ago. I had insomnia and had not slept in almost 48 hrs.
I'm feeling sleepy right now. Maybe even a bit exhausted? No...that seems too strong a word; I'll stick with tired. I was hungry, but I just had a bowl of Toasted Oats; Cheerios are much too expensive these days. It seems everything is too expensive...these days. I wonder what I'll think of them in the future? These days that is, not Toasted Oats. I think Toasted Oats are just as good as Cheerios. If not better. Price-wise I can't compare. Nor can flavor be an issue, since either taste like almost nothing; if nothing even has a taste. I can say though that the fact I am buying and consuming Toasted Oats as opposed to the traditional Cheerios, puts in me a sense of fear and maybe even appreciation. More of the latter than the former.
It's funny how I can chalk up my fears of the future on the differences between two cereals, huh? I suppose that's what late night blogging is about, though. Typing out random nonsense that's fueled by tiredness( is that even a word) and just a little more time than I really have.

These days seem less an less sure, as I look at them with the fondness of 'back then'. Back then refers to all the shit that was good and right, before all the shit we are eating now began to surface in our cereal bowls and Sunday Funnies. Which were enjoyable separately or together once upon a time. These days its one or the other since we can't afford both. I mean that literally as well as figuratively. I have no qualms about relating my life in what is written here. Sure life is good. I am indeed living, and I am surrounded by people who love me and can actually stomach me long enough to tell me so. God that sounds whiny. Fuck it.
What I'm really trying to say is...I've forgotten, but I did have a point.
I remember this song from way back when I was a wee lad. I remember falling asleep to it playing on my clock radio. That's the way they Always said it should be...that's the title. I slumbered to it because Carly Simons voice was soothing and the melody was such that it calmed me. The words were meaningless then...because I never needed to know them. What we learn only becomes important when we need to know what to do with it; until then it's random useless knowledge tossed at us by those who claim to know better.
Well, it's 3:25 am. I'm sleepy as hell and I have to be up in like three hours. Hope whoever takes the time to read this enjoys it. And if you don't too bad, I don't give refunds. You want the last few minutes of your life back? Talk to Emmet Brown.

Thanks for reading.
© Copyright 2011 Torrez (torrez1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1777771-Late-Night-Musing