*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1778598-The-Bridge-VI
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Death · #1778598
The series is non-linear time wise, just so thats clear.
The moon glimmered brightly, even behind the shadowy veil of the clouds, and all was quiet in the city. A group of severely intoxicated women stumbled out of the metro and muddled their way through the haze towards a nearby bus stop. They needed a ride home, and something to clear their minds, but most of all what they needed was some peace and quiet.


         They checked the bus schedule but the next one wasn't going to come in for a while, so to get some fresh air and a smoke, they decided to head to the park.


In the search for a good spot for them to lounge around, one of them exclaimed, "Over there! A bridge!!" and the troupe took off towards the bright red structure.

Wobbling on the creaky wood, some flopped to the floor, a few hopped onto the railing, and the rest settled for leaning between everyone else. Following the rule of safety in numbers, the girls had decided on a group of about twenty, and unfortunately the small wooden bridge began to groan under their weight. Giggling and slowly exiting the park, the troupe decided to go head back to the faded light of the city and wait on the bus. Sadly not one person saw that among the few that decided to sit down, one of the girls had passed out and was left behind under the bright, full moon, prey to creatures of the night.

         "Ma'm" she stirred, being shaken awake. "Ma'm, wake up please." Her eyes were coaxed open by the softness in the tone of the voice. Slightly blurry and almost seeing double, but still sure of what she saw nonetheless, she screamed. The girl that woke her up was covered in blood, a torn shirt, bruises all over, a black eye and tousled hair. Yet even with her appearance, her voice was soft and calm.


"Are you okay?" she asked eerily.
"Fine," she clutched her head, "I-I think."

The intoxicated girl tried to get up slowly but faltered, only to be caught by the little girl. After steadying herself,  she thanked the girl. "Thanks I-

The smaller girl slapped her and blood splattered on the red bridge, instantly camouflaging into it.

"What the he-
Another smack to the face threw the words right out of her mouth. Now the girl was wide awake. Eyes dilated and brain on haywire, she anticipated the next blow and grabbed the little girl's wrist.

"What's wrong with you? You crazy BIT-
A swift roundhouse to the kidneys silenced her and knocked the wind out of her. Whimpering and panting, the drunk girl fell to her knees and wheezed for air. Tears flowed down her cheeks as a response the pain and shock and her mouth was puffy and swolen from the blows to the face. Blood trailed from the corner of her lips as well.

The little one took a few steps to get closer the victim, the sound of her tiny feet made the taller girl flinch and brace herself for more abuse.

The girl grabbed the victim by her hair and pulled her up to her face, suspended in air, not entirely on the ground but held up by the frail looking child.

"Lets see...how's the back door sound?"




                                                 A blood curling scream ripped through the park, but it fell on deaf ears. There was no one to help. Not a living soul.



A few days later, her body washed up on a shore, far, far away. Her facial features distorted, almost as if they were erased...or to be more precise, melted off. Where her mouth was, however, remained a bloody hole, and her lower half was covered in blood stains, and scars that seemed inflicted by some sort of beast.


                                                                               Her body was defiled.
© Copyright 2011 -Memento Mori- (makegana at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1778598-The-Bridge-VI