*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1781186-Graduation-Speech
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1781186
My graduation speech. Please review it, and see if it is OK!
Graduation Speech



Two years and eight months ago, I came to this school with high hopes.  Elementary school was...Uncomfortable, at best. I was glad to leave, and move on to the foretold greener pastures here at TCA. My years here are close to my heart, but not so to my mind, so excuse me for any mistakes I make.



In sixth grade, I was ready to make my way in a new school. I left my past behind... Or so I thought. As I reflect on it, I really haven’t changed too much. I saw the letter I wrote to myself two years ago, and it was a lot like how I would write right now. I checked the name I wrote on the envelope, and lo-and-behold, it was written in the same handwriting as I would write it now!



But still, I have changed. I have become a better student. I ditched my fears of organized sports at the side of the road. I no longer have the disabling habit of losing essential things on a daily basis. I have become a better and more confident drummer, and overall I am an improved person. I can do what I put my mind to, no matter what the task.



In my time here, I picked up lots on information. But the most important, in my opinion, are the famous words of Albert Einstein: insanity is doing the same thing over and over, and expecting different results



    I’m going to miss a lot of things when I leave. But one of the things i will miss the most will be my friends. I have a feeling it will be the same with many other speakers today. My peers here at Twin Cities Academy have inspired me to be better, and helped me do it. If it wasn’t for them, I don’t know where I would be.



    Another thing I will miss is the amazing group of teacher here. They have helped me and others learn, and they made it fun. I want to thank them for all their hard work, and I wish them well in the future.



Even with things like those, some of my favorite things about this school are intangible. Like, the atmosphere that many other schools lack. Most other schools focus less on learning, and more on keeping everyone in line and awake. Here, there is less of that, so teachers can have more fun activities, like buying a fish and voting on names. These are things that will make this school stay in my memory for years to come.



To finish, I would like to thank everyone here at TCA who helped make this school an enjoyable environment for middle school. The students, the staff, and everyone else.   
© Copyright 2011 Andrew Mangan (andy999999999 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1781186-Graduation-Speech