*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1783148-Ollies-broken-camera
by Gidget
Rated: E · Other · Drama · #1783148
This is just a work in progress, and this is all I've got so far.
The hall fell quiet, Jock and his crew's laughter dying down as Ollie finished spinning in combination to his locker. He opened it, and the clattering sound of falling metal rung throughout the hall. He felt the pieces cut deep into his foot and ankle, but didn't make any move to indicate pain. His favorite camera............he waited until his staring peers had cleared the hall before bending low and picking up the pieces. The metal left tiny cuts in his hands, making them bleed as he dumped them into a nearby trash can. He then went into the bathroom, throwing down his backpack and standing in front of the sink to wash his hands. The soap stung a lot, but Ollie gritted his teeth against the pain. Jock had broken his favorite camera. Jock was gonna pay.
The door swung open with a creak, and Ollie spun around to face, not Jock, as he had been expecting, but one of the kids from Josh's group. Ollie turned back to the sink., lifting up his pant leg to examine his ankle. The were several gashes in it, and the boy winced, but Ollie remained unwaivering as he bitterly cleaned it out with soap. "I'm sorry about your camera. We all are." said the boy. "So am I." Ollie said, wondering what he meant by "we all are".
"This wouldn't have happened if you hadn't stood up for Auto." the boy continued. Ollie suddenly remembered his name was Zac. "He wants to apologize and thank you by giving you an invitation......well, I'll explain more if you agree. Meet me outside the in the hall." Zac said.
Ollie was intrigued. "When?" he asked.
"Third period. We hope you don't mind skipping?" Zac asked in return.
Ollie milled it over. He sat in front of Jock third period.........."I'm in." he said.
© Copyright 2011 Gidget (iamluciano at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1783148-Ollies-broken-camera