*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1783165-Ollie-the-Werewolf
by Gidget
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1783165
Once again, a work in progress.
Ollie growled. "Step away, Josh." He warned. Sparks ignited at Ollie's fingertips. "Ollie, what's wrong with you?" he asked. Ollie didn't answer, instead doubling over and vomiting. "Ollie! Man, answer me!" Josh shook him. "Get away!" Ollie roared.  His voice was deep.Unnaturally deep. Josh started to back away, his face full of worry. Ollie was morphing.......his face, his entire body was growing long hair, hair that also wasn't human......his nose was growing long and snout like, his face taking on wolf-like features. And his eyes, his eyes.....slitted, one was purple, one was bloodred. Both were outlined in a molten gold color. He was crouching on all fours, his shirt torn and shredded on the ground round him. "You......You're a......a.......WEREWOLF!!"Josh screamed, running backwards. He tripped, twisting on the ground to look at Ollie. Seeing the wolf thing slowly advancing on him, predator like, Josh scrambled to his feet, running to get out of the forest.
He ran to the lab, knocking frantically on the door. Rios answered. "Josh, can we help you?" he said, holding a test tube in one hand. "Ollie,wolf,transform,inhaler,gotta,quick, come on!" Josh tugged at Rios' hands. Rios reluctantly followed. But, seeing the worry in Josh's eyes, his pace quickened. "What's wrong with Ollie?" he said. Josh was breathing heavily. He reached into his pockets and extracted an inhaler,breathing from it several times before answering. "Ollie's a......a......wolf, thing, creature---" Josh couldn't finish. Finally, they came upon Ollie, who was still in wolf form, hunched on the same spot Josh left him in the same clearing. "We know, Josh." Rios said calmly. "We're the ones who've been teaching him how to control it. Obviously, he hasn't been practicing enough." the last part he said sternly, looking at Ollie. Ollie only rocked his head apologetically. "I know, but school........the only time I get to practice is during the full moon!" he complained. His voice was deep, escalating into a high pitch wine. "No excuses." Rios said.
"Wait......."Josh said slowly. "You knew?"
"Yes. Actually, we were the ones who diagnosed him as a werewolf. He said he would wake up on some days and just be stranded out in some no where place, shirt less and sometimes completely clothe-less. While Professor Brooks found it amusing--"
"Perverted creep." Ollie said, rolling his eyes.
"We conducted a test over two months and found the real cause." Rios finished, throwing Ollie a look. "It was actually quite funny when you ripped off all your clothes to howl at the moon." was all he said. Ollie rolled his eyes again. "It's creepy, having you guys watch me." he said, rubbing his hands over his arms.
"Now that we have that all sorted out,take your medicine,go back to normal, and can I please go back to my experiment?" Rios asked. "Yeah Uncle, you can go back to your experiment." Ollie laughed. As Rios went back to the lab, he and Josh began to walk. Ollie took out a purple inhaler and took a deep breath from it. In a mere few seconds, he was back to normal. At Josh's questioning look, he explained: "My purple inhaler is for moments like this. It has a heinous-tasting medicine/potion that turns me back to normal. This," he took out a white inhaler from his other pocket, "Is a normal inhaler." he finished a little lamely. "Dude, that is sick!" Josh exclaimed. Now it was Ollie's turn to give him a questioning look. "Dude, you're a skater. It's your own language. Study it."Josh laughed.
"I'm surprised you're not freaked out."
"You gotta at least let me tell my girlfriend." Josh said.
"You have a girlfriend?" Ollie said incredulously. "Who?"
"Adylyn." Josh said, a little dreamily.
"Wait, Adylyn? As in, ourprep Adylyn?" Ollie asked unbelievingly. "Since when?"
"For about a month, right around the time you came around. Actually, you're the only one to know. So keep it on the D.L, please?" Josh asked.
Ollie nodded. "No problem, wallaby. You keep my secret, I'll keep yours." he said. Josh shrugged. "Seems fair."
"So Adylyn, huh?" Ollie asked him. "What?" Josh asked him.
"Nothing." Ollie replied, shaking his head and grinning. "Nothing."
© Copyright 2011 Gidget (iamluciano at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1783165-Ollie-the-Werewolf