*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1783649-Sanctuary-chapter-I--Intruder
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Other · #1783649
What will you do if someone intrudes you in your hardest times?
Renata's POV ~


It was three years ago

Seth was taken away from me

That early, that soon..


How can I let him go that soon?
What I know is that I'm going to catch his killer..
The person who took away my Seth..

How can the sun kept shining while you were already gone, baby?
----

Renata turned off the lights in her cold and lonely apartment living room. It was a high class apartment, but nothing seemed good for Renata. Nothing ever seemed good for her since Seth passed away.

Her life had been somewhat normal.
She didn't have a new partner, just more cases.
Her payment was okay, not that much but pretty good.
But she'd never been her old, cheery self anymore. She became sick of the world.


She sat down on the white carpet, right in front of the flickering TV.

The light from the TV reflected on the knife Renata held.

The knife was an exquisite victorinox, shining in it's glory.

Renata looked deeply at the knife as if it was something she loved so dearly and longed for in a long time.

Suddenly she stabbed her own arm, again and again, without regret. Tears fell from her eyes as blood ran down her arm and onto the white carpet. She stopped as someone opened the door and turned on the lights. It was her neighbor

"Renata! What the hell are you-- Oh God not this again"

"Chris don't come any closer"

Chris rushed to Renata's side and took her knife

"Chris please... My knife"

"To hell with that Renata, snap out of it! Of.. Of all this! Why are you doing this? You're a cop for Christ's sake!"

Renata stood up and looked at the tall man in front of her. Her shoulder length pitch black hair was all over the place and her light skin as pale as ever. Blood was still flowing from her wounds.

"You don't know how it feels... Chris give me back my knife!"

Chris hid the knife in the back pocket of his worn out jeans. He pulled Renata into his arms and held her as Renata cried her hearts out.

"Ren.. We gotta get that wound treated you know"

"Why won't you let me do this Chris. I'm freakin' tired of all this"

"You need to catch the person who took Seth from you, remember? Do you remember or do I need to remind you?"

Renata sighed. She was never able to argue with Chris. His steady and calm nature was hard to argue with in the beginning.


"Fine"

Renata walked calmly into the bathroom and washed away the blood that was already staining her shirt. She grabbed some bandage and mended her own wounds.


She walked back only to find Chris gone from her living room. She saw trails of blood that wasn't there before.

"Chris?"

Renata followed the trails and before she realized she arrived in front of her bedroom.

She opened the door and her legs went weak.

Chris was on her bed, basked in fresh blood. His body parts bent like a broken mannequin, face sliced all over and unrecognized anymore.

And her windows were opened.

Renata approached Chris and examined carefully. The more she looked the sicker she felt. Not that she was sick because of the gruesome sight, but she never thought that any human would do such cruel things. 

What seemed more inhuman was the capability of the killer to do their job in lightning speed. These kinds of murders usually take longer than , let's say, half an hour.

Chris' brunette hair now red of blood. His turquoise eyes are now just a pile of red mush, filling his eye sockets.


Renata found a piece of paper near Chris. She took it and her heart literally skipped a beat as she read what's written on the paper.


'Found you. From: Seth'
© Copyright 2011 Caravelle (caravelle at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1783649-Sanctuary-chapter-I--Intruder