*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1785662-graduation-day
Rated: · Other · Other · #1785662
this is a story that my mom loved she passed away 3 years ago
Sept 12th 1985,
To my dearest most sacred friend. I am sorry it has been so long since my last entry to you. Well I have many things to share with you . I have learned of two articles of news since my last entry to you. My one article of news is that the illness I have been suffering from was not just the cold that the doctor led me to believe. I have cancer. I have less than two years to live. My other article of news is that I may be pregnant I am going in for the test next week. I pray to god that I am pregnant. I will know by the end of the week if I am pregnant or if this illness is just being caused by the cancer. Till then my dearest friend.

Sept 25th 1985
To my dearest friend we have aged together through out the past 28 years. You have been with me through some of the biggest challenges of my life. This may be one of the biggest challenges I must overcome. The test came back positive I am approximately 3 months pregnant my dear friend. The one thing I have wanted since I was young was to be a mother and now it will finally happen. My doctors are fearful that my life will be taken sooner now due to the stress that the pregnancy will put on my body. I am going through with this pregnancy no matter what the doctors say. This has been my dream for some time now. I refuse to give up on it now. I will update you soon my dearest friend.

Dec 25th 1985
Hello my dear friend. I am sorry it has been so long since I last spoke to you. I have been very busy making preparations for the baby. We had an ultrasound last week and discovered we will be conceiving a baby girl soon. I am due march 15th of 1986. I am not afraid to admit that I am terrified of the following months. I have been having the oddest of dreams lately. I have been dreaming that I am in heaven sitting on a pedestal just before heavens gate weeping. I am unsure of why I was weeping. All I know is the pain I felt in my heart when I awoke. I am very worried that something will go wrong during the pregnancy my dear friend. I must attend to my friends that are waiting for me in the parlor. I will write to you soon my dear friend tell then farwell.

March 18th 1986
My dear friend I only wish you could have been there and been able to see her. She is beautiful. Her name is Sapphire. She has the bluest eyes I have ever seen. She is only 3 days old and she is already showing her fathers attitude. She is the most beautiful baby I could ever imagine giving birth to. I am overjoyed. My doctors tell me I have less than a week to live. This will be my last entry my dearest friend I am sorry to leave you like this my dear friend. I will be passing you on to my daughter when she is old enough to have you. I am bidding your fare well my dear friend. I hope you can give her the same comfort you have given me all these years. Farewell my dearest most sacred friend you will always be in my heart.

June 28th 2003

My dearest most sacred friend is what my mother called you. She has been gone for 18 years now. its so hard to believe. The only thing I can remember about her is her voice. I am looking forward to reading all about her in your pages. According to my father you were given to her on her 17th birthday as you have been given to me. So I will be able to learn much about her I hope. In her one entry I read she said she saw herself weeping before heavens gate. I cant help but wonder if she was weeping about today the day I graduate.
© Copyright 2011 sweetangel19 (sweetangel19 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1785662-graduation-day