*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1786672-No-one-care
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1786672
A entry to the daily flash fiction contest
He was a victim of cruelty since childhood due to lack of interest from his parents’ side. I remember him as the quiet child, whom always sat at the corner table far away from us, with his comic books and his big glasses. He never said a word, and therefore we forgot he was there. Even the teachers tended to forget about him. He was just there, like a shadow behind us.

I recall a certain episode from gym glass; where the other boys had taking his clothes while he was showering. According to rumors he had sat there all night and was found by the janitor next morning. He was below the normal body temperature and he was sent to the hospital to recover. We did not notice he was gone or when he came back. I know now it had been months. And no one had sent him a ‘feel better’ card. No one.

The police found his corpse in a barn on his grandparents’ country side. No one had lived there for years, it was lucky someone drove by accident. He had hung himself in his belt and his body was rotten. It was covered by a fur of living creatures such as flies, worms, mites, and maggots.

To be honest I would not normally care, since I have forgotten about him. Until the day the police stood outside my door with a letter. His suicide letter. It turns out he loved me and he wanted me to know that my smile had kept him coming to school everyday. After graduation it went down hill and he could not bare it anymore. His time was over. After the police’s departure, I trashed the letter into the bin.

Words 290
© Copyright 2011 Raspberry (hostile at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1786672-No-one-care