*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1787480-Examination
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1787480
It happens to a lot of people during an exam, our brain fails us.
English is my 2nd language so please feel free to correct me! ^^


The pressure had consumed me and I was enveloped in my own fear. I had already bitten most of my fingernails when the door opened. “We are ready for you now” she smiled and held out her hand in order to me to follow her, and I did. I had no other choice. We went into the room next to my prison, so to speak, and I was told to sit down opposite her and another woman. They looked at me with annoyance in their eyes. “You can begin now” my teacher said. I began the examination and I found it difficult to remember the words when looking into their eyes and I kept mumbling and tried to look down at my paper. I was told to stop staring at it and to continue without it. It was like a rock was dropped at the top of my head. I do not quiet remember what happened next but suddenly we were talking about a tulip which happened to appear in the text. “What does it symbolise” they wanted to know, and I had no clue of what to say, I reckon my visage must have looked like a big question mark. “What about the ribbon then? Why does she have it?” Well, she does not want her hair in her face? What was I supposed to say to them? “Miss Gray, you have to answer or we will have no other choice than to fail you” she said matter-of-fact kind of tone. I lowered my head and tried to remember the story but it was blank. When I need my brain the most it fails me, miserably. “Her father handed her both items..” I mumbled, “therefore she keeps them, even though the tulip is dying”

Words 297
© Copyright 2011 Raspberry (hostile at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1787480-Examination