*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1786744-The-Disaster-Date-Preview
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: ASR · Sample · Sci-fi · #1786744
A sample of the sequel to The Blood Moon Battle.
         Thinking about the day is very, very depressing. The Death of a loved one is a terrible thing to go through, especially if you caused the death. I remembered on what Desperge had said in the range. I should find somebody new. I got up out of my chair and started to head out of my house.

         For those who didn’t know, when I am not in my chambers at the IGDF Head Base, I go to my regular house on the north shore of Long Island. Now, before you think it is a beach house, it is a regular medium sized house about ten miles from the beach. I went to my Sezion Bixtrell, a car with wheels that gets seventy miles to the gallon for normal versions. It runs on my military’s Plazmy but I didn’t pay the scientists enough for more use of the Plazmy in my car, so the heater runs normal bio-fuel. I thought of somebody that would want to go on a date with me. Tabitha Bennelli, the daughter of Italian general Cristoforo (Italian name for Christopher) Bennelli. We met when we were fourteen and when I was a foreign exchange student to Italy. She was a good friend who had a crush on me. She also was good in English and was my guide (and translator). I got in my car and entered the ignition code on the dashboard display. I entered her address in the GPS and started driving to her house out on the south shore.

         As I was driving down the road, my display lit up to indicate a message. I looked at my GPS and saw that it would take about twelve more minutes. I pulled over in front of a house with a large front yard. I looked at my display and read the message. It read:

Report on Xenon Petrovski:
Subject has been missing for thirty-six hours.
Presumed to have gone A.W.O.L.
His suit and D-15 Ravager are missing.
Viewed as a potential threat.
If found, take him in for questioning.


         I let out an angry sigh. Life is just getting harder and harder. Killed the girl I wanted to marry, now this. Great, just great. I got out of a parked position and started driving again.
© Copyright 2011 Vince Defash (vinced70 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1786744-The-Disaster-Date-Preview