*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1787310-Dreams
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Death · #1787310
this is about a girl who has terrible nightmares. but they'd never come true, right?
"Aaah!" I screamed, and shot up in my small metal bed. Oh, it was just a dream.

"Thank God," I whispered to myself, and stood up. I put my face in my hands. Why do I keep having these stupid nightmares?

I hate it here. When i graduated, my mom insisted I not sleep on campus. She'd heard some weird campus story from one of her friends, where they played really mean jokes on some kid or something like that. So she rented this teeny apartment about a mile away from campus. Some creepy old lady runs it. But ever since I got here, i've been having weird dreams.

Oh well, I thought, I better make the most of it. I walked into the bathroom and splashed some cold water on my face.

~

"Katie!" My friend, Anna, yelled to me the next afternoon, as I was walking to my car. "Are you all right?"

"Why wouldn't i be?" I yawned.

"You fell asleep in class," she answered. "Twice."

"I had another dream last night."

Her pudgy face filled with concern. "Really? What are they all about, anyway?"

"I can't explain them. They're so weird. All I can say is that they all end in murders."

"Oh. well . . ." She was interupted by a car horn. "Oh, there's my ride. take care of yourself, okay?"

"Okay." I yawned again.

"Bye!" She called over her shoulder.

I silently dragged my exhausted feet to my car.

~

I slowly fell asleep in my bed that night.

I'm falling. Falling. There is no ground. I can't see anything. A pink mist surrounded me, and I hit the ground with a loud thump.

Where am I? I thought, looking around. A cemetery. A dead quiet cemetery. I stood up. There's something wrong with this. They're are no streets surrounding this cemetery. No nothing.

I spun around as the sound of voices. They were at the other side. I walked that way until a girl came streaking by me, followed by a man. The full moon glittered off something in his hands. A knife.

I followed them. The girl, only looking behind her, suddenly smashed into a large headstone. She tried to get back up, but wasn't quick enough. The man slinked up behind her. She stood up, and the man shoved her back down. He walked closer to her.

"Please, have mercy!" She cried in a shrill voice.

"Did you give any mercy to my son?" He screamed.

"I tried to stop. He ran right out in front of me! There wasn't enough time to stop! Please, don't!"

"It's too late for you too, now." He raised the knife above his head.

She screamed one last time, and the knife came silently down through the air.

I woke up shaking and sweating hard.

This is crazy. What do these dreams mean?

~

The next two days went by in a blur. I didn't sleep at all. I was too afraid too.

But on the night of the second day, I was so tired I didn't care. I crawled into my bed and groggily turned off the light.

All of a sudden, my door creaked slowly open.

Oh no, not another one.

A man walked into my room. Why do I have these dreams? I looked around for the victim. Wait. Oh. My. God. There is no victim. Unless . . .

"hello Katie."

This isn't a dream. I screamed
© Copyright 2011 Dark Rose (rosegame7 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1787310-Dreams