*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1788631-The-bad-and-the-broken
by KcG
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Mystery · #1788631
A short story I was in the mood to write, it's a work in progress.
Ashley stared down at the knife embedded in her stomach, and watched her blood pool on the floor around her. The physical pain was nothing compared to the emotional pain as she turned her bloody face up toward the person that had taken everything from her and then some. "why?" she chocked out "why do this?" Her killer leaned in closer so Ashley could clearly see the face of the person she had trusted so much just hours ago. "because I can" those were the last words Ashley heard before she slumped against the wall and fell dead to the floor.

Earlier that day

"Ashley wake up it's noon!" Ashley rolled over and buried her face into the pillows and groaned. "you're gonna be later for graduation, if you don't get up!" Ashley rolled over ignoring the rest of her mothers shouts for her to get up. A sharp knock on her door made her jump "mom sent me up here to get you up." Her sister, Kathy said through the door " Seeing as you're the valadictorian you should probably show up to graduation, just a suggestion" With one last groan annoyance Ashley rolled out of bed and into the bathroom to begin making herself look like the model student she was. smoothed down her sleek blond hair, putting on her expensive make up, and dressing in one of her favorite dresses that made her look like a super model. Ashley danced out of her bathroom and was turned to her full length mirror admiring herself. Out of her and her sister, Ashley was defiently the more attractive one. Ashley was adopted of course, anyone could tell comparing her and her family, Ashley was blond, thin, and a role model to others. There was nothing special about her adopted families brown hair, sturdy bodies, or average intelligence. Ashley would like to be closer with her younger sister Kathy, but Ashley always out shined Kathy, and kathy was always trying to find ways to sabatoge Ashley.
Ashley did one final turn in the mirror, grabbed her purse and ran out the door and down the stairs. "you're finally ready, we're going to be late if we don't leave right now" her mother said as she pulled Kathy behind her to the door. "yes mother, I'm coming" she said as she fell in step behind them, They filed into their mini van and headed for the high school. Kathy fussed and whined the whole ride. Kathy might be seventeen, but she whines like an eight year old. "This is taking forever are we there yet? My legs are falling asleep" Ashley rolled her eyes at her younger sisters child like complaints. "why are we going to this thing anyway? I don't want to listen to Ashley talk about people we don't know" Ashley was annoyed by Kathy's comments, but her mother was ready to snap. "I mean I could be watching tv or hanging out with my friends right now, but I'm stuck with you two" That was the breaking point for their mother, she spun around and screamed "That is it you ungrateful little brat, I'm sick of your whinning! Shut up and deal with it, I don't want to be out of the house either but atleast I keep it to myself!" she turned back around and continued driving. Ashley took both her sister's and Mother's comments to heart, Clearly neither of the closest people to her cared that this was a big accomplishment for her. The rest of the ride was in silence.
As they pulled up out in front of the high school Ashley hurried to leave the uncomfortable silence behind. She ran to a group of her friends, that were talking in the corner. Her boyfriend Trey turned around as she came closer, "Ashley you're here" he ran toward her and scooped her up in a hug, twirling her around. Ashley buried her face in Trey's shoulder, They had been together for nearly three years she loved him very much. They stopped spinning and ran over to their friends. It wasn't long before Ashley was walking onto a stage to give her speech to her fellow graduates.
© Copyright 2011 KcG (krg502 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1788631-The-bad-and-the-broken