*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1788925-Losing-the-little-girl
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1788925
The fear of losing a child in the park
How could I lose her? This is the very park that I grew up playing in. Riding bikes down that laneway, building castles in that sand, swinging on those swings. So how could I lose Miley? I'm frantically running up and down the park, screaming her name. I know every square inch of this park, I know where holes in fences are, the short cuts to get around, how could I lose her here? Here, of all places?

MILEY, MILEY, please come out from where you are hiding! This is the scariest thing of my life. How could I lose a child? Just as I sit against a concrete wall to gather my breath and slow my tears there she appeared, grinning at me like a little imp from around the corner.

It is then that I realize that Miley, is in fact, me, that is me, in my white dress with red floral patterns, and my red little cardigan. That is me standing there. All this time I had lost me. The frantic search was over, and I awoke from the dream.
© Copyright 2011 Eniledam (thebeanz at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1788925-Losing-the-little-girl