*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1790066-The-Garden
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Short Story · Religious · #1790066
The tale of the reason for The Garden of Eden, Adam, and Eve.
         It began with two beings: An angel, formed out of honor as a female in God's image; and a demon, a male also formed in the Lord's image, but out of spite.


         In a chance meeting, against all odds and surpassing all limits, the two fell madly in love. The angel was called Evaline, and the demon, Adoman. For centuries, the two met in secret, until, beyond all reason, they produced a single child.


         A small boy, a mixture of angel and demon blood, with snowy white hair and golden skin, whom they named Eden. Evaline and her mate were able to keep their child tucked away for barely a year before they were discovered.


         Satan stumbled upon the odd family of three. The sight formed a new means for him to attack God's forces. Satan figured that if Adoman could have Evaline fall for him, what would stop other demons from ensnaring more angels?


         But Adoman refused to let his love be used to create such tragedy. He told Evaline of his master's plans, and she passed the knowledge on to God. She hoped He could help, but the Lord, seeing how the devil could taint his angels, could see only one way out.


         He summoned all his power and struck young Eden dead. His parents, shattered and heartbroken, could only hold his limp body in their arms, and weep. God, not one to take such actions lightly, decided he could not just allow the strange couple to forever grieve their son.


         So, he granted them permission to be the first beings to set foot on the Earth, but only long enough to bury their child. Once they had placed Eden securely in the Earth, Evaline and Adoman turned to return to their domains: Heaven for her, Hell for him.


         They would never again meet, but as they glanced once more at each other, and then Eden's grave, they saw the very first Miracle.


         From Eden's corpse, a beautiful garden began to sprout and spread. The most wonderful flowers and colors came to life as if to honor his short existance. His parents smiled one last time, for they knew their child would live on.


         And the Lord, in honor of the three, bestowed upon the garden a name: The Garden of Eden. Then, he formed two mortal beings to live in the garden, and he gave them names as well: Adam and Eve. And so, humanity began...
© Copyright 2011 Generation12 (newgen22 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1790066-The-Garden