*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1791125-Week-2-Exercise-1
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1791125
Week 2 Exercise 1 for Focus on Fiction workshop - LOCK - Gone With The Wind-movie
1. Take some of your favorite novels off the shelf, or select a movie, or two if you have the time, that you're particularly fond of. Read the novel, or view a movie or two, recognizing the writer's use of the LOCK system. Use these questions to help you:
Gone With the Wind (movie)

What is it about the LEAD character that captures you? Her exterior beauty mixed with a sharp mind  and spiteful streak is shown all within the first few minutes of the film.

What is the LEAD trying to get, or get away from?  Her primary objective throughout the film is Ashley Wilkes.

When does the story kick into "high-gear"? The onset of the Civil War.

What is the main opposition to the LEAD's objective? The main opposition is Rhett Butler.

How did the ending make you feel? Why did it work? I have a love/hate relationship with the ending of this film. My faithful optimistic side says Rhett should have come back to her and all would be forgiven but the ending was the perfect because it seems like justice prevailed.  Scarlett did so many terrible things to people while only thinking of herself, it seemed appropriate that in the end when it dawned on her who the best man was for her she had pushed him away with her own behaviour.
© Copyright 2011 Innkeepersdaughter (inns at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1791125-Week-2-Exercise-1