*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1791970-Trapped-A-Short-Story
by Rubin
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Experience · #1791970
Danny finds himself trapped between the real world and the imaginative
Danny stood at the door holding the G.I.Joe firmly in his hand. Somewhere outside in the shadows,lurked the monster who had troubled him for the past few days. His dreams and nightmares had become slaves to this unknown thing that walked on the precinct. He remained unmoved, gripped by fear and a deep wrenching feel inside his guts. He appreciated the unusual silence that hung in the air. It reminded him of the storm that was about to come. His heartbeat was reaching a peak, and the anxiety was slowly growing on him. His eyes remained fixed, on the tree, near the wall that separated there house from their neighbours. Sweat bubbles appeared on his brow and forehead. His eyes fixed, pointing at oblivion. He had taken his position aligned to the bush of Bougainvilleas in-case he had to rush for help. The Pink flowers didn’t move a bit, and there was a deadly silence all around. It seemed even the trees had stopped breathing for a moment.
            There was a hint of slight movement behind the bush and what appeared like one of the leg of the creature. He knew something lurched in the shadows. But it was too bright for him to see anything. And until his eyes adjusted to the glare outside, it was too late. He had seen the monster for the first time, with the great white fur glistening in the sun, as he charged holding out his claws. It had no mouth but from around his neck hung its tongue. Occasionally it would raise its ugly head to lick the air. It had three eyes, one on his forehead flashing out a radiant beam. Danny screamed in horror as the monster lurched forward. He threw the toy towards the monster but it was not enough to stop the reckoning force of this giant creature. Danny stood in shock for it was within a foot away from him. There was no escaping, and next moment he knew there won’t be any funeral for him either. The creature leaped right onto Danny. In a fleeting moment it plucked the face out from his skull and started sucking the blood. His face, whatever remained of it, was sticking out to the creature's claws.
There was a thunderous sound, and his Mom, Mrs. DeVito, arrived in her car, a blue Ford Mustang which she had bought a few months ago. The tires screeched, as the engine roared, but it was all too late.
She came running towards him and screamed “Hey Danny, look, we are almost there.”
Danny slowly opened his eyes, reluctant to face his afterlife. But he was not dead. Everything was the same. He looked around. He was still in the car with his mom by his side.  It was one of the recurring nightmares. He felt relieved and wiped the sweat from his brow. He had started to despise himself conjuring such wild imaginations.
They had just entered the Hospital. He looked at his mother’s face and he found the same emotional feeling that all mothers have. Nothing seemed wrong here. He peeped out of the window for a while.  A long boulevard filled either side of the road extending all the way to the entrance of Hopkins hospital. He remembered that today was the day of the operation. He had burned his face while playing with the crackers. The face drafting was scheduled for today. They reached the entrance of the hospital.
            Two men came in with stretcher and asked him to hop on. As soon as he had done so, they covered him up with a white cloth and tied him to the edge of the metallic rod of the stretcher. They kept going, pulling the stretcher as if he did not lie there. They were going fast, making sudden turns through the hallways. Danny could see the array of lights overhead. Over a few period of time he lost track of what was happening around him. His Mom remained seated at the reception, waiting for his operation to get over. Somehow she didn’t feel there was any need for her to accompany. They kept going. The two men were covered from head to toe. He didn’t ask any questions to them, but his anxiety kept growing on him.
And finally they pulled away a strong metallic door and dragged the stretcher into it. The room was pitch black. There was no other sound except for the rumbling of the four tiny wheels at the bottom of the stretcher. They dragged the stretcher a few more metres into the room and stopped. All of a sudden the room brightened up, there was light all around. And the two men pulled Danny out of the stretcher onto an operation table. Danny looked at the two men but there face was well concealed. A lady came in close to him and put a long needle on to Danny’s arm.
The needle went deep into his arm. Tears flowed from the corners of his eyes as he panicked. He could not calm himself down. He started to scream. He screamed at the top of his lungs. A few minutes passed by as he started to hallucinate.
The doors opened, and in came the Monster, it had no skull, and the forehead was bright beam of light. The other was bloody red. The tongue lay dormant on his neck. The claws stretched into an arc. Danny shocked, cried in utter frustration at his helplessness. No, Not again, he screamed as he writhed in pain. He tried to tear open the straps that held him but it was to fruitless. Hopelessness set in him, his heart pounded against his chest.
Their eyes met for a brief time, and as Danny lay their losing his consciousness, he could see the viscous fluid oozing out of the monster.
“Hello Danny!” that’s the last he heard.

--
The End
http://www.rubinnanda.blogspot.com
© Copyright 2011 Rubin (debabrata146 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1791970-Trapped-A-Short-Story