*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1793282-The-Disappointing-Fall
Rated: ASR · Short Story · Fantasy · #1793282
Felix has a little adventure that he could never wish for! And then something happens...
The Disappointing Fall


It were the medieval times, in a castle of stone named Selides, the lords of the realm were gathered for a feast.

A boy called Felix Erchoq, with the age of fifteen, was the talk of the day. He won the kingdom's tournament and earned the right to sit at the table of the lords.

The lords, surprised and a bit attacked by this strange event, ignored the boy and were talking to the king about who gets the newly conquered castle of Desiva. The king himself was quite intrigued with the fact that a boy was able to win the hard tournament that even the most veteran warriors and royal knights couldn’t, and he asked Felix what he wanted to do with his victory.

Felix, eating quite messily, responded he would love to be a knight, one with shiny armour and a mighty sword. All the lords and their ladies who heard this were shocked. "A commoner's kid that demands to become a knight? Ridiculous! Simply unheard of!"

The king instead, was laughing merrily and agreed to the boy’s wishes. However, he had to rescue the king’s daughter who was captured by the rivalling country's king.

The boy agreed as fast as he could, disgusting the lords with his lack of manners. After the feast the boy was given armour, a sword and a shield. He was given directions to the place where the princess was being held.
"Beware of the evil monster there!" one of the guards on top of the gate yelled at Felix as he left to begin his quest.

Felix was as happy as anyone could be. He had eaten a fantastic meal, he fulfilled his wish to become a knight, and now he can save a princess from an evil lord. He didn’t have to walk far to see the tall black tower where the princess was being kept. After seeing his goal, he began to run enthousiastically with his shield raised and his sword held high in the air.

The black gloomy castle was now in front of him. There were no guards and as Felix remembered the guard’s warning, he began to walk more cautiously and looked around for any monster.

Slowly he reached the base of the tower and began to climb the stairs. The stairs were as high as his height. "No problem, this will be easy!" Felix thought to himself as he was climbing higher and higher. But he didn’t get far without exhausting himself. He forgot that the armour was atleast 40 kg, not to forget the shield, the sword and his own weight.

Felix was now lying down to rest in the middle of one of the huge stairs. "A giant must be living here. What other reason would there be for these stairs to be so huge?" Felix said out loud. After lying there for a few minutes, he got the armour off and laid it cleanly arranged at the corner of the platform where the new step began. With regained strength Felix began to climb again. This time, it seemed there were only a few steps were left until he arrived at a door that was half his size.

"What’s this?" Felix said out surprised, expecting to see a door fit for a giant. The key was still on the lock and Felix carefully entered the room.

Right in front of him, he saw a cute girl sitting with her head against her knees and crying. Felix slowly approached her. The girl fell silent and started to shake when she heard the noise. ‘Go away, leave me alone and let me go!’ She yelled desperately.

Felix walked up to her and kneeled in front of her. "At your service, my lady." He said in a trusting and comforting way. The girl looked up. Felix saw that her eyes were very red and there were tears everywhere at her face. The girl, named Eli, suddenly hugged Felix so hard he almost couldn’t breathe, and she cried again, but now of happiness that someone was here to save her.

Felix carried Eli and went down the huge stairs in silence, only broken by Eli’s happy sobs. When Felix landed on the step with his armour, he looked at it with regret to leave it behind, but he knew it was more important to get Eli to safety than to wear some shiny armour.

Once downstairs, they entered the Great Hall of the castle. The Great Hall was the hall where feasts and events occured. There was nothing in here except a sound of some small animal running. "Probably just a rat." Felix thought and he stepped on, still carrying Eli, who hugged him with all her might.

Once they were outside, Felix found a little gray bunny at the gate of the black castle. Comforted by the thoughts that they were out and safe, Eli now stood on the ground herself and petted the bunny, calling it ‘cute and cuddly’. Felix told her that they still are some minutes away from her father: the king. Eli wouldn’t listen or she didn’t hear him. Felix tried to take her hand, but once he touched her, he received an electric shock.

"The fur of the bunny must have done this." He thought and he fell forwards, his head towards the ground. Closing his eyes and moving his hands to try and prevent him from any pain, the fall felt to be taking some twenty seconds. Then he finally hit the ground. It was cold and hard. Not at all the feeling of grass and dirt!

Felix opened his eyes and he realised it was just a dream. Disappointed he tried to recall what happened, but the memory was getting all blurry fast. Felix looked at his bunny that was sleeping in the corner of his room. "You did this, didn’t you." He said, looking at his bunny, still slightly recalling some of the things that happened.

The next morning Felix went to school and met a new girl that joined the class. Her name was Eli. She was very cute and beautiful and they soon became best friends.
© Copyright 2011 SunSlayer (sunslayer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1793282-The-Disappointing-Fall