*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1795138-Rain-Goblinfly
Rated: E · Fiction · Fantasy · #1795138
A Fairy Story
There once was a fairy named Rain Goblinfly who lived in Honey Mountain.  She wore a dress made of deep blue petals like the flowers that she loved to play among.  One day, I daydreamed, I was walking in the field near her play area; I saw her flying over a bubbling brook.  Her wings were gentle green like a butterfly.  She kept looking around now and then as she darted among the rocks.  Once, I thought she looked straight at me and pointed at a certain group of rocks near the water. 

I couldn’t get that daydream out of my mind.  After months of sleeplessness, I decided I had to go to Honey Mountain.

As I walked in the clearing, I recognized the things I had seen in my daydream.  The blue flowers that Rain Goblinfly loved to play among were in full bloom and gave off a sweet scent much like honeysuckle.  From there, I could hear the faint sound of water.  It was coming from the bubbling brook I had seen in my dream. 

“Beware!” 

I looked around to see who had spoken.  No one was there.  I looked in the direction of the field of flowers but saw nothing.  As I walked further, the brook came into view.  It was nestled underneath a grouping of large trees, just as I dreamed it; the water bubbled up from among the rocks at one end.  And there, in the spot I dreamed of, was the same group of rocks. 

“Beware!” 

The whisper in my ear caused chills to go through me.

I lifted the rocks and a faint tingle permeated my body.

My wings lifted me effortlessly and I was among my favorite flowers within an instant.

           
294 words

© Copyright 2011 SilverQuill (lildelta at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1795138-Rain-Goblinfly