*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1795739-The-Little-Orb-of-Orange-Purple
Rated: E · Short Story · Other · #1795739
A story inspired by Roald Dahl and involves a baby
There was a little baby with hazelnut eyes, and a bald head except for a few strands of hair growing. This little baby could walk, not talk.Not yet at least.So the little baby was left alone on the bed.The baby turned around with a curious look.What could the little babe see? One can only wonder because to most of us there is nothing.But the eyes of a baby are able to see the world in a magical way against the older ones or at least that's what some think.



So the little baby went following this thing. It was a little orb with orange and purple coming out of it.At times the light came out in straight rays, sometimes it appeared as drops, or even animal shapes. At times even seemed to be a mixture of everything. Its lights go off only to come back brighter or stranger.



So the little baby walked trying to keep up with the orb which seemed to emit a little tune. It was something that sounded familiar, a little of the nursery rhyme mixed together with an old drum sound. It led the little baby into a world that seemed normal to the baby compared to ours.



Now, how is this world? It was a world where the trees had golden bottles for leaves and apples mixed with banana's for flowers.The fruit is something so odd that even I would not know of what it is. The closest that can be compared to it is the mixture of smiles of different people.



The baby followed the orb,a tree branch was cracking.The little baby continued walking even as the branch was on its last fiber. A blue beaver appeared and quickly held the branch up.The branch was near the baby's head when the beaver held it up.



The baby now walked near a stream but it was not like the streams that we see.It was a filled with green mushy things.What would be the fish then? It was red trains that went about releasing brown bubbles that reminds many of the chocolate ice cream scoops.



The baby started to step into the stream,the water or mushy peas as it would be called by one with our mind, was up to the baby's thigh. The baby kept walking deeper and deeper, then suddenly a breeze came and a blue butterfly came and lifted the baby to the sky.



But the little baby still tried to chase the orb but the poor baby fell off.The baby fell faster as the air rushed even faster through the baby's strands of hair. The baby was laughing.A blue elephant raised its trunk and caught the little baby. The elephant let the baby down on the ground. The baby laughed and touched the elephants trunk with the baby's little fingers.



The baby turned and caught the orb.The baby drooled over the orb as it released a flash of light with a melody that even the baby struggled to hear.At the end of it,the baby had a thought that made the little baby say a word.
© Copyright 2011 Tim and Ant (todric at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1795739-The-Little-Orb-of-Orange-Purple