*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1795742-A-Christmas-Conflict
Rated: E · Short Story · Other · #1795742
A man on christmas day
Noel was watching as everyone walked past. He saw all the little children walking past on the streets. Some of them were normal but mostly they were thin. It was Christmas day and these were poor children on the streets. What could lead them to this sad sorry state? After all, it wasn't some poor broke country but a modern country.



'Obviously,its all those politicians busy with making money for themselves.Greed taking priority so that they will have the good life of gluttony and pride. What a worthless lot they are' said a voice. 'No, some of them are trying to help the poor and the downtrodden.' Noel answered.



'Ah but they care for the far away children of poor nations not their own in their backyards. To think that far away country does not have the resources to maintain their population and yet they still try delivering food instead of concentrating on their own children or raising the infrastructure.So what excuse for them now?' retorted the voice.



'Well they want to keep the children alive so that they have a chance to live longer. Everyday they live, the greater the chance that a leader will rise to change their fates. Fates normally destined to failure and reliance on others to the fate of a great people who shall develop and lead the world. ' countered Noel while watching a dog trotting to the butcher.



'Hahaha so you might say. Yet it doesn't atone their sins of abandoning their own kin. The kin who would have to fight with kin of their own to rise to lead and then find themselves at odds with those leaders of the far away nation that have risen from the brink of death. Those poor kin of theirs suffer from birth until they are old from the mistakes of their guardians.' said the voice.



'Simple really, they use the approach that the younger members of the guardians suggest. They follow the path of diplomacy and co-operation. In that way,they make use their resources efficiently and eventually they will multiply those resources. They shall touch heights that the guardians and them by themselves would never reach.' replied Noel.The dog had just taken some sausages from the butcher with the butcher chasing him angrily.



'Hohoho now here's something that you surely can't justify. The citizens of the nation rally to the streets only when the politicians call out a minor issue which they magnify with their lies. What do you have to justify this?' queried the voice.



'An easier question to answer. It even answers all your other questions. Look over there.'said Noel.The dog had brought the sausages to the children while running off to the grocer. 'We must take action so that the issue will lead to us solving other issues from one minor issue to another.One daring leader will finally tire of the arguments of politics and bring out his own brand of argument, the unity of the people to help others.A spirit much like the spirit brought out by this season of Christmas.' continued Noel.



'Your only a speaker and you know its worthless.'said the voice. 'Nope,im gonna help those kids since that dog has decided to lead.' replied Noel. He then went to the butcher and bought more meat.He went to the baker , and grocer and did likewise.



'Looks like another lost cause.'said the voice. 'Haha it sure is for you but for me,I have won again.' said a different voice.
© Copyright 2011 Tim and Ant (todric at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1795742-A-Christmas-Conflict