*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1796042-The-Truth-Abouth-Change
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Experience · #1796042
People will change you no matter what
The Truth About Change

About a year before my Uncle Alton passed away he looked at me and said “Don’t you ever let anyone change you.” That was back in 2006, before the betrayal of my former friends and family, and I’m sorry I had to disappoint him. I won’t waste anymore of my time thinking or talking about what they did or said because I not only put it in the past, but I also threw it away and let the garbage man handle it. But what I do want to say is that people can change you, sometimes for the best and sometimes for the worst, it’s up to us to decide.

I, do, however, want to be completely honest with you and tell you I almost let a vicious vindictive lie change me for the worst, but I don’t see how I couldn’t let it change me. At first I got mad about it and wanted to fight this “friend”, but then it just broke my heart and I couldn’t understand why she was doing me this way, and then I found what they call the smoking-gun. So I called her and questioned her about it and she denied ever saying anything like it. But I knew she was lying, because she was once my best friend and I knew her to be a liar. This lie caused me so much stress I stopped trusting everyone, and everyone became suspect to me. But I didn’t start to heal until I started to forgive her. And you know what? I love her even more than I did before.

But nothing changed me like being betrayed by my own family. When they were in need of anything (money, a ride, a shoulder, an ear) I would stop whatever I was doing to be there for them. It never occurred to me that when I was at my darkest hour they would be the ones to kick me when I was down. But, I tell you this, if I had to do it all over again I’d do it in a heartbeat because that’s how much I love my family. But I owe it all to them for giving me a backbone. I know people thought they got over on me because I used to dropped everything I was doing to see about them, but once they disappointed me things changed. I still did stuff for them, but not like I used to.

So, in a way that metamorphous I went through may have been negative, but to me something beautiful is emerging. I’m not where I want to be yet—nowhere near it—but I’m getting there. I’m still in my cocoon, but I can’t wait to see my wings. At any rate, do something good and help out A Breakfast in the Square every Saturday Morning from 9-11 am. They are a group of people who feed the poor and I think that is soooo awesome that just touches my heart. If you are interested in donating please contact Jason Eslicker at (903-752-1144) or Evan Hayes at (903-805-9325). And another thing you can do to give back to your community, you can help feed the poor at your local soup kitchens as well. I promise you the feeling you get is one that will last all day and can’t be matched, you will feel good about yourself.

If you are wondering how I’m doing on my diet I’m doing great. I lost three pounds and I feel good about it. The funniest thing happened to me the other day in the gym, but I learned a lesson also. I was about to do my walk/run interval and my MP3 player fell and I slowed the machine down to get it and when I got back on I kept my finger on the increase speed button. I was standing on the belt trying to find a good song and all of a sudden I was moving really fast and I looked and the speed was at 5.4 and I had to hop on the sides. I could help but laugh, it was funny to me. The lesson was what comes around goes around because a few years they gym got this new treadmill (there wasn’t a belt and the pedals moved at different times, it was weird). This guy decided he wanted to try it but he didn’t know how to use it, he almost fell off, and I laughed so hard I had to leave the gym. I felt so bad for that, but karma comes back to bite. But this is the week of my trip and I will be gone for a whole month. I am going to let my hair all the way down, relax a lot, and go with the flow. I will you all to have a blessed and a peaceful week and live in bliss!
© Copyright 2011 Shawnte Barr (shawnte at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1796042-The-Truth-Abouth-Change