*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1796631-The-Fruits-Secret
Rated: E · Short Story · Children's · #1796631
A group of fairies go to their favorite place.
         One summer day, the Blossom Girls were talking in there rooms at the Land Fairy College.

         "Hey, why talk in our rooms when we could be talking at the old fruit tree in the park?" Rosie asked.

         "Let's go over there!" Stella replied.

         So they all went to the old Cherryline Park, right below the college. When they got there they flew to the park's apple tree.

         They found it was glowing, but they saw a shining red apple, so they went to see if it was strong enough to hold them.

         They all pushed on it to see if it was steady enough to hold them all.

         It started glowing then, "Yeep!" A tree spirit popped out.

         "What is that?" Flora asked.

         "I don't know, don't ask me." Stella responded.

         The tree spirit held out a book called, "Spirits of the fruit".

         Rosie picked it up and opened it. The tree spirit pointed to the first page.

         They all looked at the book. From it, Rosie read, "The tree spirit will go place to place to keep an old fruit tree alive."

         They were all surprised, feeling like the tree spirit was doing a favor to them by keeping their favorite place alive.

         They went back to there rooms at the college and shared what they had learned from the tree spirit.

         The next day they went back again, to see the tree spirit. It couldn't talk, so Scentsy put a "speak it" spell on it so they could communicate with it.

         He said "These fruits have a secret. You will have to speak with them to find what it is." Flora explained that you could not put a speaking spell on trees or their fruits.

         Then the tree spirit said, "To find the fruit's secret you must first awaken them."

         "How do we do that?" Stella asked.

         "Hey! Let's look in the book!" Rosie exclaimed.

         They all looked in the book quietly.

         "Here it is!" Stella yelled.

         The book read, "To awaken a fruit you must first touch them together." So they each pulled a fruit towards each other. Once they all touched each other the fruits made the sun shine only at the tree.

         One of the fruits communicated with the tree spirit, then the tree spirit said, "The fruits have revealed the secret, they have all said that in the tree's roots there is a golden root that never dies. That is how the tree has lived so long."

         The fairies were surprised that it wasn't the spirit keeping the tree alive.

          "Then what made the golden root?" Rosie asked.

          "You fairies have given the tree so much love that when they came, it made the tree very happy, so after so many years it grew the golden root."

         "We did?!?! I can't believe it!" Flora said.

         The fairies were very proud of what they had done. They wrote what they did down in their diaries. Then they told all of the other fairies. Today that tree still lives in that very same park.

THE END
© Copyright 2011 TigerLillyツღ (princessjlj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1796631-The-Fruits-Secret